“Wonderful experience”
Review of Stingray Beach

Stingray Beach
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I did this trip while vacationing in Cozumel and we LOVED it! We were so glad that we took this tour.
It was so neat to actually feed and swim with the stingrays. We took our own water cameras and got some great pictures.
The only bad thing about the trip, is that it is very Comercialized once the tour is over. They try to sell you pictures that they take of everyone while you are on the tour. But other than that, it was a really great tour.
We actually learned alot about the stingrays and got to hold them and feed them. Very neat and very safe. The barbs on these stingrays are "shaved" down, so they cant sting you. They were almost like "pets" anyway, so I dont think they would have tried to sting anyone even if they could.
The staff was great also, very friendly and knowledgable.

1 Thank kleggs

• Czech first
Havre de Grace, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for the whole family!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Our family ranged from 5yrs to 65yrs and we all had a ball. Snorkeling was a first for 4 out of 6 of us. Great instuctions put us at ease. Personal attention with each person while feeding and handling stingrays. A wonderful, safe experience for the family, and a great way to enjoy the water, snorkeling and learning about the gentle stingrays.

1 Thank geegat
Winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome encounter!”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is a very safe and fun excusion to do. The guide that we had was William. He gave us so much information about the stingrays. We were lucky and were the only ones there at the time so we had a lot of extra time with the stingrays. We fed them, held them, kissed them. Another guy took lots of photos of us that you can purchase after. The cd of all the pictures was $30 US. Definately buy it! You won't be sorry. They are truly amazing :)

Cooper City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must do adventure!”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

If you have never been upclose and personal with stingrays, then this is a MUST! I brought my 70 year old mother who was adamant that she would not get in the water. Well, after listening to the guide describe the stingrays and what to expect... she did it!!! And LOVED it! This is a very safe experience for all ages. Unlike swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, these stingrays are contained in a penned area and are barb-free. The guide was very attentive to my mother who said she would actually do it again. It just so happened to be my birthday the next day and they gave me a shot of tequilla (yeah!) and a free hat. (OK, so then I ended up tipping them double! -- guess I bought the hat!) Great fun and educational experience. Highly recommended.

1 Thank beth4122
Milledgeville, Georgia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 408 helpful votes
“This was the coolest thing we have ever done on a cruise.”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We were a part of a group of approximately 12 people from our ship who chose this excursion. The cab ride to and from the Stingray Beach was included in the price Carnival charges for this experience. You are briefed on what to do and not do before you enter a shallow water pen to encounter the Stingrays. You begin by rubbing them as they swim by and progress to feeding them squid and then actually holding them. They do not allow cameras in the pen area and took many pictures of you while you were in the pen area. The cost for the CD was $30 and my wife and I decided not to purchase it. I now wish I had and I recommend to anyone going that they do in fact purchase the CD.
After about 30 minutes in the small pen, you are then told that you may snorkle in the very large area to the right. They provide an inflatable life vest that will add bouyancy for us older (61) 1st time snorklers. We swam around as a group for about 30 and then we were allowed to snorkle for approximatly 30 more minutes if we wished. Being as we had seen almost everything in the larger area, we opted to get out and shower and get dressed in our street clothes for shopping when we left the Beach. They gave everyone a free soft drink, bottled water or you could purchase a beer or mixed drink. They also had a snack bar.
The highlight of this tour is definately the Stingray encounter, I am not a snorkler, but the larger are was also a penned in area and you were limited to seeing only the sea creatures small enough to pass in and out, or the larger ones that were always enclosed in the area. All in all, this was still easily the best shore excursion we have done on any of our 5 cruises.

6 Thank J-C-Corn