Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

from $45.00
More Info
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews everybody loves rays feed the rays hermit crab races stingray encounter fish mesh bag deeper area water shoes nurse sharks snorkeling portion take pictures cozumel palace snorkeling gear fun experience great excursion underwater camera an excursion
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Part of a adventures trip whilst in port on the Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship. Not sure what to expect, but the experience was enjoyable. Very knowledgeable presenter, who had command of the proceedings.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

This was truly a wonderful and most unusual experience. I had never
realised what interesting and fascinating creatures rays are. All the
rays have had the barb at the end of their tail removed, so they are not at all dangerous.
First of all we all lined up in a separated section of the sea and fed fish
to the rays. The rays know that food is coming and swim around you,
sometimes brushing against your legs, as they anticipate the food.
We then had an opportunity to hold the rays and even give them a kiss!
After this first encounter, we all donned our snorkelling gear and life jackets (all provided by the centre) and swam in another separated section of the ocean. This was a magical moment because as soon as I put my face into the water, the sea below me was teaming with rays and beautiful fish. It was one of life's unforgettable experiences.
The people running the centre are very well-informed, enthusiastic and helpful. Afterwards you can buy a drink from the bar and purchase photos. There is someone taking pictures from the start to finish of the event (which lasts about an hour), including underwater shots.
I now have a real interest and liking for rays and realise what elegant and mesmerising creatures they are.
A trip not to be missed! Ideal for solos, couples or families (when we visited, there were two families there with children aged about 7 to 10 years old).

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank karen h
Reviewed February 13, 2017

We booked an excursion for this activity through our cruise and had a great time learning about stingrays. Our four year olds were brave enough to hold and kiss the rays, while our six year old preferred to stay on the beach and check out the resident pelicans. All our kids loved the hermit crab race after our snorkel and ray encounter. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the price for our photo cd ($50) felt more than fair for the once-in-a-lifetime photos of the experience. Definitely a great way to spend a few hours while in Cozumel.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

We did this with our 6 and 8 year old sons. Three years ago we were here with our older two children, when they were 6 and 8. Both times it has been a lot of fun. It was very educational, our female guide was really great! They aren't as pushy with taking the pictures as they were a few years ago which was nice, and the price of getting the digital images has gone down as well (negotiable). They also added a reef shark to the snorkelling which is fun. Over all I would recommend this excursion, especially if you have kids. The price is a bit high for adults in my opinion, but children are reasonable. Also note, if you are here on a ship it is cheaper to do it through the ship then to take a taxi and pay on location.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

The seas were a little rough the day we arrived. The guide let us know, that if you were a little unsteady in the water, (I was in a wheel chair) that it would be difficult snorkeling, and holding the stingrays. My husband and teenager decided to continue. I opted out. They graciously refunded me the excursion cost, and I only paid 10.00 for taxi ride, and watched. My teen (13) had the best time ever. The guides held each other's hands so they could stand in water. The pics were awesome. Each person got to hold and kiss a ray. Snorkeling after the rays was some og the best they have seen .(been on several snorkeling before). Snorkeled for at least 1/2 hr to 45 min. They had parrots to hold, and at the end hermit crab races. Overall, a very great place to visit. Taxi ride was short to and from the pier. Would go again.