“Great Excursion!”
Review of Stingray Beach

Stingray Beach
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 28, 2016

Great information and experience! Perfect blend of Stingray experience, snorkeling, and beach time. The handlers and hosts were so patient and helpful. This was super fun! Completely recommend!

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"great excursion"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2016

My wife and I booked this excursion (she went as an observer) via Carnival on last week and I must say I was not disappointed........before we started, we were given an excellent briefing by Pedro and his assistant Fernando as far as safety and most importantly, the explanation of the anatomy of rays and history. I, along with the other guest had a chance to feed them, pet them and take pictures.

The best part for me was the opportunity to snorkel in the deep portion although I was disappointed that I could not "free swim" within the area........we went in from one side and traveled to the other, but regardless the underwater area was breath-taking..........I bought a GoPro camera just for that purpose and I was very well pleased with the footage I was able to get............one of the divers even took my camera toward the bottom with rays and fish and captured very excellent footage............I HIGHLY recommended a visit to this facility.......

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Took this tour through Carnival Triumph shore excursions. After what seemed to be a very disorganized beginning we finally get to the beach. We are given the safety briefing and devided into groups. We were in the first group to snorel. There are abundant fish and rays to see. The waves were on the large side so it was a little rough but still fun. The stingray presentation lead by Jules was very informative and of course touching them was an experience you have to do to understand. They have their photographers in while you are with the sting rays.You are not allowed to take photo equipment on this side you can take underwater cameras with you on the snorkel side. We bought the CD and one photo with frame for $50 US. They give you a coupon for a free soda or water for after the tour. You are able to use the water trampeline after the tour also. There is a bar and restaurant you can use at an additional cost. When your ready to go back to the ship they arrange a taxi back for you and anyone else that ready to go back at the same time. |The drivers didn't know my daughter spoke spanish and sat and argued over who had to take us.Anohter driver walked up and said he would take us so he recieved a very nice tip.
We will do this one again when we have all the family with us.

1  Thank Pam K
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Since sting rays are my favorite animals, I wanted to check out this excursion on my cruise to Cozumel. The experience was great! We first were able to feed the stingrays and learn about them. We all had our pictures taken while petting, holding and even kissing the rays! The pictures came put great! After the feeding and pictures, we went out into deeper waters to snorkel. It was really fun-the rays are such peaceful and beautiful animals. I really enjoyed and highly recommend this to all visitors to Cozumel. Now my husband pretends that he is "Pepe" the stingray swimming around. LOL!