“A great time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stingray Beach

Stingray Beach
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed stingray beach. The placed netting around a section of beach so the stingrays can't escape. The trainer would pick foe up do everyone could take turns petting it. First he let us put a large one then he let everyone pet a small one so you could feel the texture difference. After some talking we were allowed to snorkel with the fish and stingrays.

Visited April 2014

• Czech first
Sarasota, FL
“Great Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was a really fun, informative excursion. We spent more time with the Rays. The snorkeling afterwards was outstanding. I thought this was better than the Rays in the Caymans.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Educational”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a very good outing. I love it because one was allowed to go out and touch the sting rays and even feed them. Learned a lot about sting rays , something I always thought I would never get near them.

Visited May 2013
Bridgton, Maine
4 attraction reviews
“Swimming with the rays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Liked the staff! Well informed with a great sense of humor. Pre lecture to educate and inform participants of procedures. Great snorkeling with the rays and hands on experience with pictures.

Visited April 2014
Macon, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the Stingrays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I think it best to consider this excursion in context of your cruise experience and prior experiences. What I mean is, how easy would it have been to do this on your own? Have you ever done this before? With that said, I'd say this excursion was pretty decent. The high points were touching and feeding the rays up close and then snorkeling to view them. I've never done this before and appreciate all the arrangements being made for me by Carnival. My biggest complaint is this place prohibiting you bringing your camera in the first segment where you wade in to meet the rays. While you are waiting your turn as the workers move up and down the line (16 people), you could be photographing the rays and other things like pelicans. The photos they make (for sale on a CD for $20) are not professional or even good hobbyist quality . They are made from the dock above and are the wrong angle. We did learn a great deal about the rays and there was a question and answer session. Next time I would take my camera in anyway. While in the snorkeling segment, I made photos that turned out great. As mentioned by others, this is a controlled area where the space is fenced in. But you have plenty of room and great visibility. Children can comfortably participate. The equipment provided was good quality. Afterwards we made photos with the pair of birds and big iguanas they had and sat and enjoyed our free beverage. We were not hurried off even as the next group arrived. This excursion could be easily planned on your own. It is not far from port and there are plenty of taxis passing by when you need one.

Visited March 2014