“awesome”
Review of Stingray Beach

Stingray Beach
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have visted several stingray trips before and this was by far the best. Not only do you snorkel and swim with the stingrays, you also feed them and learn about them before you go out. The water is beautiful and plenty of room to swim around and never over crowed. Afterwords you can eat snacks and relax and they brought out hermit crabs and had a race. the kids loved it! We were part of disney cruise and it wasn't crowded at all! staff was great!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had this trip paid for through our resort credits, otherwise I might have been bummed out paying 80 for each of the four of us......It was so crowded at our tour time, make sure if you are not a cruise tourist to make a reservation at a time without these crowds. It was confusing, and chaotic. However, the stingrays were so fantastic, I was finally able to smile :-) A very unique experience!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff here was great! I don't know how to swim and our guide jokingly said "so you sink like a rock?". haha.
He gave me a life jacket and then pulled me around the water w/ a life preserver. By the end I was on my own and felt much safer. He was there by my side just in case. Petting the sting rays was amazing! I thought they'd be gross but they were awesome and actually pretty sweet! They reminded me of dogs the way they begged for food.
Great experience, highly recommended.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a tour guide named Ramon. It was very educational and fun. The equipment was good, the lessons were good and the interactions with the rays and other marine life was incredible. This was actually one of the cheapest of the cruise excursions offered to us and was longer and more interactive than anything else we heard about. Not only did our tour offer group exercises but he would take individual members of our groups and ask what they wanted to do or see. Also, at the end of the snorkeling they let us play with the parrots and iguana and took out pictures with our cameras.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped at Stingray Beach while on a recent cruise. The kids loved it. They loved snorkeling above the rays with the provided snorkeling gear and touching / feeding the rays during the encounter portion of the day. My daughter, 6, enjoyed the hermit crab races, while my son, 8, loved their iguana and parrots.

Everything we needed was provided as well as a bag to secure our belongings while we were in water. Also, there was a box for tips, but we never felt pressured to tip the employees.

I felt the price for the experience was fair and the whole family had a great day. My only frustration was that I was not allowed to take photos of my children interacting with the stingrays. I was told I could purchase one of the photos taken by their photographer. I looked at the photos, which weren't bad, but there was no way I was going to pay 35 US dollars for a photograph! Even in the wooden "Cozumel" frame, it was not worth the $35.00 price tag.