“Always a good time”

Ranked #43 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come to swim, snorkel, eat & drink! on One of Jimmy Buffett's best locations. Great Margaritas and guacamole!! The Best Location in Cozumel!!
Reviewed November 22, 2013

In typical margaritaville fashion the food portions were huge, the alcohol was served quickly, and the atmosphere was fun.

1  Thank airdvr1227
Claudia H, Guest Relations Manager at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear, airdvr1227!

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We feel honoured to know we met your expectations! Come back soon!

Warm wishes all the way to Ohio!

There are newer reviews for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our meeting point was Margaritaville for our excursion of Dune buggies and Cenote swim, when they didn't show up, we decided on a quick bite. We had the nachos...OMG...were they huge! we also ordered the calamari, both were very good. We all had sodas since we were not allowed to drink before our buggy excursion for obvious reasons. Clowns came up and did balloon animals for us which was cool and we also had a chance to go out on the back deck and get a swim in before we headed out on our excursion (Wild Tours -see review) I thought the food was great but the service was pretty slow, but pleasant.
We returned after our excursion to make good on our free margarita bands given us by the excursion, again, very slow service but the Margaritas were good, not watered down like we expected and the cool looking orange peel shots were great. I would go again, just give your self time for the slow service.

1  Thank boo2U

Dear, boo2U!

Thanks for sharing your review! Your comments are very valuable and we'll pass them on to our GM.

We are very glad you enjoyed our free water park with kid bouncers, towels and snorkels! Come back soon, an order of Volcano Nachos will be waiting just for you!

Take care,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

So far, this was my favorite Margaritaville and I've been to a bunch of them! The store was small and had a buy 3 get a tee shirt free deal. Great big oversized chair in the store that the clerk was more than happy to take a picture of my husband and I in. The ocean view is incredible. This location beats the Las Vegas Margaritaville, the Jamaican one (airport), Panama City, etc... because we sat outside and ate our "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" while watching the gorgeous ocean and seeing birds fly, the clouds float by and beautiful horizon where the ocean meets the sea. Not too skimpy on the beverages either! There is a trampoline, and other floats out in the water that once you sign a waiver you can use. Looked like fun, but after swimming with Manatees at the national park down the road, we were ready to rest and have a bit to eat. Taxis aren't too expensive and if you are on a cruise ship, like we were, you can hop one for a reasonable price and go to and from pretty quickly!

We would def go back.

Claudia H, Public Relations Manager at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear GAhometown,

Hope the other Margarita's don't read your review, they might get kind'a jealous! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review! Come back soon, our Burger in Paradise will be waiting for you, as well as our oceanfront terrace!

Warm wishes all the way to Cumming!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

While on vacation in Cozumel we were so tired of eating the food at the hotel that we were desperately looking for better fare. We wandered into Margaritaville on a dreary Saturday evening. the place was empty except for a few die hard party goers. Right away the waiter set the tone with some humor and a huge smile. He ran down the list of specials, everything it turns out is special. I settled on the Tiki Skewers while my friend had the BBQ ribs. One taste of the Tiki and I felt as though I had found heaven. My friends ribs were excellent as he raved about them. There was plenty of food, so much we didn't finish it.
We were so satisfied that we went back on Sunday night with some more friends. There were a few more patrons and a live band. They were playing a lot of the late 60's and early 70's rock. Mixing in some more modern music. While it was a bit loud the band played well. the food was again amazing. the waitress was very attentive and had a wonderful sense of humor.
If you are ever in Cozumel I highly recommend this eatery.

1  Thank don s

Dear don s!

Thank you for that spectacular review! Come back soon, the Tiki Skewers are already winking their eyes all the way to Cincinnati!

Take care!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch and had the fajitas and a crab, mushroom, shrimp dip that was wonderful! They have someone making balloon hats and things and made my hubby a parrot and me a bracelet out of balloons. Photographer took our picture offered it in a frame or not for sale. Pricey but I bought it. Glad I did. I don't buy many souvenirs. We ate inside but I went outside and took some pictures, I am sure it gets wild at night. My strawberry margarita was awesome!

Dear suzielouwho,

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing your comments. Come back soon, a Strawberry Margarita will be waiting, as well as our delicious Crab, Shrimp and Mushroom Dip!

Warm wishes all the way to Pennsylvania,