“Too expensive”

Ranked #73 of 416 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LIVE A WHOLE EXPERIENCE WHILE IN THE ISLAND! Caribbean Cuisine, Burgers, Margaritas, Seaside Deck, Retail Store! #StateOfMind
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went in for a beer and it was a great looking place. We were seated outside on the patio that overlooked the water which was beautiful. We had had lunch so we didn't eat and ordered 3 bud lights and a can of dr pepper. We sat and had a great time until the bill came. 22 dollars for three beers and a pop. There's an abundance of places that have corona for a buck. I understand the price needs to be higher here but that was a lot. The menus price was In peos also. If it has also been in American dollars it would have helped us and we would have understood the prices better. Don't think we will be back.

MargaritavilleCz, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

hola Joe
thanks for your comment
it will help us to improve
about the prices in pesos is a mexican law.
sorry for the incoveniences.
hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife wants to go to every one of these wherever we go, and for good reason. They are pretty similar wherever you go and that is a good thing. I was disappointed they didn't have Land shark beer, and that they were unable to seat us outside, they said they were full out there but did not look that way to me. However the beer they had was cold and the staff were friendly and the volcano nachos are superb, a meal for many. The atmosphere is always entertaining and we always keep an eye out for Jimmy Buffet(not seen him in one yet) I will say that the prices in the gift shop are insane, but still spent some cash. We look forward to our next trip to one wherever it will be.

Hola Chuck
thanks for your comment.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Don't waste your time here.. mexico is well-known for cheap and tasty food, here food is really expensive for you actually get. even the mexican food is cooked in an american way to grab those tourists addicted to fried food.. on the bright side the view of the ocean is stunning, but a couple of meters after margaritaville theres rolandi which is a great italian/mexican restaurant.
Free wifi

Hola
thanks for contact us
Yes, we are an american franchise but with a mexican flavor.
Hope to have another chance to serve u!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Margaritaville in Cozumel is the best bar I've ever attended! The drinks were phenomenal and the service matched! Arturo took great care of us and made sure that we always had a drink in hand! He was very sweet and tons of fun! He even danced with me! I loved how charming and attentive he was and I honestly think he was the best person that has ever attended to me! The atmosphere was so much fun and I even got a balloon hat. I loved that the prices were in pesos and USD because to me the relationship between the two was very interesting. I loved that it was the right amount of American and that this location did not lose sight of the natural beauty of the land or the people.

Wow
this is what we call an AMAZING REVIEW!
thank u so much!
Arturo say hi!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'd hope he'd say, make the prices all one currency! It was the only disappointment in this otherwise fun, themed restaurant. Prices on the menu and merchandise were in Pesos but payment in USD. Since the majority of patrons would be tourists from cruise ships spending USD it would make sense to have the prices in USD! Not rocket science.

It was a lot of fun, the drinks were beautiful and the food was lovely. Just get the pricing sorted - it looks like you're trying to rip people off.

MargaritavilleCz, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Hola Fiona
Thanks for your feedback!
We have to use mexican currency in our menus because is a govermental statment.
Hope to see u soon!