“Fantastic!”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I are not very experienced divers and so thought we would do our advanced whilst in Cozumel. We couldn't of made a better decision!

Sergio was so friendly and our diving instructor, Ugo, was very knowledgeable and great to dive with. As there was only the two of receiving the instruction, we managed to get the skills done quickly so we could spend more time enjoying the reef and animals.

I would highly recommend that you use Aquatic Sports; just make sure you book your own package through them rather than having it included with a hotel. We ended up paying more this way (we didn't find out until we got there).

Gilbert,az
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highly recommend Sergio and Aquatic Sports”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We dove 6 days and 1 night dive with Sergio and/or Alberto as our dive masters. First and foremost at all times I felt very safe with them with out feeling confined like I have been with other companies. Sergio has been doing underwater photography and video for about 30 years so he was able to teach me alot about the subject and taught my wife how to be a better underwater model. Most of the people we dove with had been diving with Sergio for many years and would not dive with another company.

The only Caveat is that they use larger slower more comfortable boats I personally prefer this type of operation over the small 6 pack fast boats that are to rough and loud to hold a conversasion with the other divers.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I will ONLY dive with this outfitter in Cozumel!”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Absolutely LOVED diving w/ them! Total of 4 dives - both 2-tank day dives. They were recommended to us from people we met on the plane going from ATL to Coz - thanks Bonnie & ED! - and it was an experience I'll never forget. Not only will I go back to Cozumel, I'll dive with Sergio, Alberto & Aquatic Sports the entire time I'm there. From fantastic office staff to amazing dive masters & support to awesome boat crew who prepare delicious food on board (yeah - full lunch, not snacks!), you can't go wrong with this outfit.

1 Thank MarissaOakland_CA
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Friendly. Professional. Simply the Best!”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I visited Cozumel for our honeymoon the last week of December, 2008. At first, we were overwhelmed by the tons of dive shops we found on the internet. We chose Aquatic Sports because it was recommended by our hotel, Flamingo hotel, and hoped for the best.

What we got when we arrived was simply the best experience!

In Cozumel the dive prices in different dive shops are mostly the same, so there is really no need to shop around for the best price. The good thing about this place is that everything was included (bcd, tank, weights, and wetsuit) in the pricing. In addition, they gave us a 10% discount because we dove with them for 4 days. Sergio Sandoval, owner and diver, also paid for our taxi rides to and from the hotel, which made things very convenient.

A typical dive day goes like this. You drive to Aquatic Sports. Either Sergio or Sergio Jr. drives us to the marina. We board the Aquarama, which takes us to the two dive sites for the day. In between the dives they give you some bread, fresh fruit, ham, cheese, chips, homemade salsa (so yummy) and drinks. The staff takes care of everything, like tanks and equipments, so all you need to do is just dive and enjoy.

I liked that they kept the groups small and personal. There were only 4-7 people on the boat, and when the crowd got too big, we hopped on a bigger boat. At one point, it was just my husband and me on the boat with Alberto, our divemaster.

The best part about diving with the team at Aquatic Sports were the people.

Sergio Sandoval is a very well known and respected diver and underwater photographer in Cozumel. He's something like a local celebrity; all the taxi drivers knew where his dive shop was. He not only took us to the best dive sites but also took underwater pictures of me and my husband. He even made dive logs with our pictures on it and gave them to us. (Sergio, we're still waiting for our underwater photos if you still have them!!!) He has been diving for 30 years, and it struck both my husband and me that he runs the business for the love of diving and not so much for the love of money.

Our divemaster Alberto was also wonderful. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. He took us to the best dive sites and listened to our requests. Both Sergio and Alberto were very professional and friendly. Kelly, the lady who works at the office, was also very helpful and gave us some good advices on where to eat and what to do in Cozumel.

The only down side was, well, I really do not have anything bad to say about Aquatic Sports. It really was the best diving experience and an honor to dive with such wonderful people. If our friends traveled to Cozumel we would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place. We can hardly wait to go back and dive with them.

2 Thank talgicheesecake
Regina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best Dive Experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I am still new to diving, but I have to say the gang at Aquatic Sports made my day of diving the best so far. I read a lot of reviews and had a tough time making up my mind between a fast boat and a slow boat. Let me tell you about the slow boat at Aquatic Sports.

It took a while to get to the dive site, which was okay because I was on holidays and in no mood to rush. It also gave me time to get familiar with those I would be diving with. Alberto, the dive master, made sure I was comfortable, as we discussed the dive plan, signals, depth, and terrain.

The first dive was amazing as we did the Palancar Caves. Amazing!!!!! We took our time getting to the next dive site, which was great because Alberto brought out a tray of fresh fruit, meat, cheese, buns, and soft drinks. Perfect to energize for the next dive.

We didn't rush but made sure everyone had at least one hour SIT before we decended on our second dive. Safety was the main concern, not rushing to get two dives in, and back to shore to take the next boat out.

The next dive was determined as a group, and was spectacular as well.

I would highly recommend Aquatic Sports to anyone. They are out of the way a bit, but make your day one to remember.

1 Thank ReginaBeachRat