We were there 7/12-7/15/04. Aside from the afternoon thunderstorms had a great time. Most every review I read had accurate and useful information. If you get there early on check in day don't expect your room to be ready, unless you give the desk clerk a twenty - then they'll be able to find you something. The staff were great and don't miss the shows every night. The reservation policy and dress code is a royal pain - no one who stays there is happy with it. Rent a jeep and drive around the island. If you've never visited the ruins then consider doing that but don't expect a whole lot. Best places we like to eat in town - Pepe's Grill (get a window table for the sunset), Lobster House and Casa Mission (located at Benito Juarez and 55th). They have some really pretty grounds and an interesting menagerie to visit while you wait for your food.
We wouldn't rule out staying at Allegro again but will probably look for something different next time. If you are planning to fish I'd use the hotel service for this. Had a bad experience with an independent I booked online, never showed up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive