Trip Date: May 2004
Two weeks ago I was reviewing this site just as you are. My trip was already booked, but I wanted to soothe my curiosity. Most of what I read I have to agree with, with the exception of a few things. If you are considering going to the Allegro, I would highly encourage you to reconsider.
Rooms and grounds- I requested a room for three but I should have requested one for four. Salamanders and bugs frequented our room often. The grass ceilings (top floor) allowed the noise of outside birds and neighbors to penetrate. The toilets often did not work. Guest are asked not to place toilet paper into the toilets which resulted in not so fresh odors in the room. Air conditioning was less then desirable. The grounds always smelled of sewer and/or burning odors.
Staff- The front desk staff were not very helpful or friendly.
Entertainment- Less than professional. Got bored with it by third night.
Food- on a scale of 10, I would give the food a 4. I witnessed a cockroach on the dining room floor one day. One of our guests got sick from the fish in the Italian restaurant.
Cozemel- If you are a diver, this would obviously be the place to go. If not, select another location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive