Allegro Cozumel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Secrets Aura Cozumel(Cozumel)
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel(Cozumel)
View Hotel
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)
  • Pool
4,998 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencefirst clubfishdive shopkids poolthe oriental restaurantgreat beachkids cluba la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard bedsfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A special thanks to the ProDive Mexico Shop personnel at the Allegro Cozumel for an awesome experience!! Doug, the scube video man, was great and captured a special underwater event for us. The final video was extremely nice!! Arturo and all the dive instructors were great. The staff was extremely helpful in planning our dives and getting us equiped. The reefs we dived included Santa Rosa Wall, Palancar Gardens, Punta Dalila and Santa Rosa Reef. They changed some of the sites due to the weather conditions so our dive experiences were great.

The rooms were ok, but there were a few small things that had to be fixed. The pools and outdoor areas were very nice and the cleaning staff was very good. The food was not as good as the last time. Our family liked breakfast the best (followed by the lunch buffet), but there was little to no meat available (and no bacon). Dinners were ok.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach are quieter. Ask in advance for adjoining rooms and extras.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gabriela S, Social Media Coordinator at Allegro Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Pamela_02_21

First of all thank you very much to write your review for your recently stay with us.
We are glad to know that you enjoy your dive near to our property. Regarding food, rest assure that our Food and Beverage manager is take into consideration to improve.

Thank you for your preference, we are looking forward to host you again in the future.
Sincerely

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Here is what I just sent to Allegro this morning. Just returned from a trip June 24-July 1st. :

Conversation started today

9:39am
Kelley Weisenhaus McCarthy
We recently stayed at Allegro and I just wanted to send a message to let you know about my stay. I've been to several all-inclusive resorts in the past and this one did not live up to the standards we were hoping for. Mainly due to the staff and how they treated us which was unfriendly and rude. I can get over the fact that the rooms were outdated, the beds were extremely uncomfortable and that the food wasn't good and there was very little selection, but the way the staff acted was completely unprofessional. On several occasions, I would ask a question to the front staff and they were short in their responses and acted bothered. One bartender in particular, Fernando, was very rude and acted irritated every time I ordered a drink (which was only a few times as I finally avoided him). He would wait for awhile before helping me, then finally look at me (without saying hello or responding when I did) take my order, slam the drinks on the counter and walk away. I even tipped him to see if that would help but it didn't. My husband did not get this same treatment from him. On one occasion, I was standing alone and he wouldn't even look at me. I waited five minutes. Again, I was alone. He knew I was there. A man came up next to me, Fernando took HIS order, filled it and then went on doing something else ignoring me again for a few minutes and then finally he looked at me irritated and took my order.
I noticed this with a few of the other bartenders as well. Not as bad but definitely acted like they were being inconvenienced.
The gentleman in charge of the kids' activities, however, was perfect. He is exactly how I would have expected the rest of the staff to act. Friendly, fun and happy to have you as a guest at the resort. Perhaps he should train the rest of the employees.
On a good note, the beach was beautiful and I enjoyed all the pools, snorkeling and kayaking. However, I would not return or recommend Allegro to anyone going to Cozumel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank klmccarthy
Gabriela S, Social Media Coordinator at Allegro Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear klmccarthy,

First of all we thank you for your time to write the review for you recently stay with us. We apology for the inconveniences you may suffer with the bartender. Rest assure that our management are taking the necessary measures as part of our goals this kind of situation doesn't happen again, our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our guests.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I arrived for a two week vacation, with 8 family members following the next week. We were able to prearrange certain things for our family, like nearby rooms, baby crib, 1 adjoining room, etc. The staff were totally accommodating to our every need - it was as if we were the only guests at the resort! The front desk personnel were very attentive and even knew the exact day our family was arriving - Carolina at the front desk said to us, "Today is the day! Are you excited?" The hotel manager knew who we were without us ever telling him our names - as we talked, he listened to our personal stories from our previous vacation at Allegro and was able figure out who we were! The most impressive for us were the wait staff. The head waiter, Osman, took a special interest in our family. He (and several others) took great joy in holding our 5 month old grandson and showing him off to the other employees. He also gave us a fantastic tip on where to find souvenirs in town REALLY CHEAP (Sacbe, just across the street from the Catholic Church off the main plaza). The bar staff were equally accommodating, serving drinks with plenty of oomph for our tastes.
Now, down to the nitty gritty. The FOOD - excellent! If you have any complaints about the food at Allegro, you're just picky. Sorry! The BED COMFORT - such a huge improvement from our visit 2 years ago! Mattress toppers make all the difference. The BEACH - PERFECT!! Sandy bottom with very few rocks (you don't get that at other all-inclusives!) The POOLS - clean, spacious, and refreshing. The children's WATERPARK - wonderful fun for both kids and adults. (Our grandchildren dubbed it "Pirate Island" - when you see it, you'll understand why!) The DIVING - my husband loves the Prodive facility at the Allegro since it is basically located on top of Cozumel's most popular reefs! Just a very short boat ride away from world-class diving. The WATERSPORTS facility - very good. Ask Ruben about kayaks, windsurfing, HobieCat sailboats, parasailing, wave runners, or glass bottom boats! ENTERTAINMENT - although we didn't stay up late to watch many shows, we did see the fire show that was excellent. They also provide fairly current movies at the theater. As you can tell, we were beyond pleased with our experience at the Allegro Cozumel. It is surely one of the best all-inclusive values on the island! We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelnutsForLife
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Allegro is a beautiful site, with diving that can't be beat. I have stayed with the Allegro 4 times this year, and will be back next month! Make sure you book with Pro Dive! They handle your equipment for you, are right on site, and offer all levels of diving with an expert staff! You can dive as much as you want, or travel around the island for an awesome day!

Room Tip: Spend for the upgrade you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked the hotel, because of "Pro Dive Mexico". This scuba dive base is placed in this hotel.
We had perfect holidays, in this nice hotel, with a wonderful room, verry good beds and delicious food. The service is perfect. The very best were the scuba dives on the Palancar Reef with the perfect organiced Base of Pro Dive Mexico.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple