well we went from march 22-march 29th
we usually do mayan riveria 5 stars,,but for this week,,the prices were very expensive,,so we have never been to Cozumel..so we lowered our standards and here is my review
from Toronto flew with canjet,,was very good,,upon arrival,,they took us to the hotel which was approx. 20 minutes with extened mini vans..our checkin was at 3pm,,but got there early,,front desk gave us cards for towels for the day,,nice of them,,front desk,,very friendly,,,for the kids,,this is a good resort..kids playground,,kids waterpark,,there was one mishap about the kids club,,,we left our son one afternoon with the kids club,,,,,,,and we awere at the quiet pool,,and than we see our son walking with another family with kids to the beach WITHOUT the kids club Worker,,,,,mind you that family with kids that my son walked with to the beach we knew,,but that's not the point,,,,the kids club staff should of let us know,,but other than that,,they treayed my son great,,gave him a anecklace,,my son is 5 and loved it there,,,,,food was ok...but like others have mentioned the lineups..OUCH....would suggest to get to the breakfast buffet right at 7 am....I saw lineups approx. 7.20 and on .....also for lunch,,only the snack bar had lunch,,and that opened at 12,,,again people were lining up at 10 minutes to 12 to get a table and than huge linup for that,,,but it was nice of the staff to put tables on the grass outside the snackbar..here is a tip....while people are waiting in line,,,,would suggest to walk to the tables where there is grass and just order a drink from the waiter and than go inside to get your food,,,beats waiting in line,,,,,dinner again be there right at 7......when we were finished our dinner ,,saw lineup of 20 deep for dinner buffet,,,now to the bar lineup,,,,,people were upset,,it opens at 10 am,,but opened at 10.15 beacuase the bartender was doing hi s prep,,cutting lemons etc....would say in the morning usually would be 10 deep for a drink,,,,,but at times another bartender would come and say,,anyone just for beer,,which was cool,,,as that line was for beer,,made the linup smaller..noltitour rep told me hotel was full,,but the bar by the kids club was never opened,,,that would of sure helped...as other people have mentioned,,they are undersataffed.....now to the room,,,,we choose the bottom room..due to the reviews of the leaky roof,, tip...email the hotel for your requests a week before you go,,thats what we did to get bottom floor,,,,room was small,,,,and the walls were very thin,,can hear the next rooms conversation,,,,also if you have your drapes open...everyone can see,,,,,these windows were terrible..what they need is a shear for privacy..don't understand why the shear in the bathtub,,but not at the windows,,,tip,,possible to take sheer from bathroom to put in window for privacy... another tip..if your looking for shade at the beach,,good luck....tip there is approx. 15 umbrella trees for shade and people were leaving there towels on the at 6am and before,,towel hogs they call them......so we never had shade at the beach,,so stayed at the quiet pool where we found an umbrella,,,,
so in conclusion...the 2 bad things about this resort is lineups and the rooms walls being paperthin and no privacy...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Barcelo, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive