After my 16th all inclusive trip - from Cuba 10 times, Dominican, Costa Rica and Mexico, it is finally time to write a review - We stayed at the Allegro Cozumel from Mar 15 - 22 my husband and I, my girlfriend and her brother. We had a GREAT trip. Flights were on time, arrival at the Hotel was quick and painless. We did have to wait for our room, we arrived at 9:30 in the morning. No worries, weather was lovely, we made our way to the pool and changed into our suits. Drinks were next on the agenda.
Staff were lovely and friendly, food was plentiful but only at meal times! No late night snacking here! Bars don't open until 10:00 a.m., then people are lined up at the Beach bar., they did have wait service on the beach, which was appreciated and the waiters were well tipped for their service. Rooms were clean and well stocked, always lots of towels and water. Only drawback was no in room fridge, we learned to drink room temperature water, when you're thirsty you'll drink anything.
Only drawbacks that we could find were, not enough bars, only beach bar, pool bar (which don't open till 10:00 a.m. or later then you get a line up) and lounge upstairs (dosen't open till 5:00 p.m. and closes at 11:00) across from main buffet - there is a "disco" bar but it dosen't open till 9:00 p.m.
WE did do a couple of excursions on our own - rented a taxi and went into San Miguel on Sunday night ($16.00 each way), every Sunday the town has a family festival night in the market square, there is music, lots of children dressed in their sunday best, familes enjoying each other, lots of food and a general community atmosphere, it was lovely.
We also went on the Pirate ship for an evening from 5:00 till 8:30 - WHAT a GREAT time we had, it is well worth the price, the entire evening was so enjoyable, food was great, music was fun, the PIRATES were entertaining, we danced, and sang and thoroughly enjoyed our evening.
Our last excursion was to rent a vehicle and travel to the other side of the island. This kind of got messed up but we didn't let it ruin our day. We had booked a 4 door jeep for 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday Mar 20, when we went to get the jeep - to be picked up outside the lobby of the resort, we were told we didn't have a reservation, we had the paperwork, we'd paid the money but no Jeep and were told maybe tomorrow. That was not an option, so they offered us a small compact car instead, ensuring we all fit into the car we decided to take it. 1/2 hr later than planned we were heading out, what a beautiful scenic drive - gorgeous water, blue skies, great company, who could ask for more.
Our last day on the beach my girlfriend turned to me and said, there is a crocodile, What ! and low and behold coming out of the tree area to my left shoulder a crocodile walks across the sand and into the ocean, I'm yelling alligator, get out of the water - my husband jumps out of his chair and runs after it - we then have the beach running to see this. That gave everyone something to talk about!
Overall - we had a great trip - I know that each person has their own experience and experiences can change from one day to the next. But, please know that there is no horror story at this resort - yes there is always room for improvement - that is life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive