My family stayed here Jan 4th-11th. Our group was my mom and dad, and myself along with my two siblinges ages 19,21,& 23. We had a great time! My family stayed in two seperate second floor rooms and they were perfect. We got up usually around 8 30 to eat breakfast and were in bed by 11 so most of the time we weren't in our rooms anyway. The walls are pretty paper thin so if you can't sleep with noise bring ear plugs. Other than that, our rooms were located right in front of the kids pool and we slept fine. People have also been complaining about the beds but we all slept on them just fine without even asking for a pad.
The food was pretty good, it was a buffet so you ate alot of the same things throughout the week but we didn't really care about the food, thats not what we were there for. If you want a better selection come earlier to when they first open to get better options, if you wait till the end you might be disappointed with selection.
The beach is GORGEOUS white sand, and beautiful clear water. My family snorkeled a few times and we saw a few colored fish off the shore where you could snorkel for free. There were always plenty of chairs, and the bar is very close to the beach. The bar is literally right on the beach, and my family never had to wait for more than a few minutes.
All of the staff work incredibly hard, and were always there to offer some type of assistance.
My family didn't really like the oriental dinning night but loved the mexican.
The time share sharks outside of the lobby can be kind of annoying but you just need to brush them off. If you want to rent a car or book an activity go to the guys by the tennis courts, that's where we did ours. Overall, this was a great great, and we would for sure go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive