Our family just recently returned from our two week vacation at the Occidental Allegro Cozumel. First thing to say is that the staff are absolutely outstanding. They are friendly, helpfull and tend to anything you need help with. Recognition should be given to several employees, starting with Raul Hernandez - the Entertainment Manager. Raul the Food Manager, David the Operations Manager, Fernando, Felix, Alberto - Drink Magicians, Caroline and Anabel at Reception, and Arman- Waiter, Maitre De. These, as well as every other employee, made our stay welcome and will ensure that we come back next year. We were there just prior to High Season, so all the restaurants were not open. But when it is high season, there is the Oriental restaurant and the Mexican Restaurant as well as the buffet. All the meals were good, fresh and had a Mexican touch. Granted, because we were there in Low Season, the buffet does become a little boring - especially being there for two weeks. So we ventured out and ate out one night.
The beach is first class. It is cleaned every morning of seaweed etc. There are very little sellers on the beach. So no hassling!! Manuel, who has the painting kiosk on the beach will help with you painting. A great way to chill out on the beach, under an umbrella, with a Banama Mama (drink) and paint ceramic pottery. Very relaxing and a great way to meet people.
Our two boys - 9 and 7, love the pools and beach. The kids pool entertains them endlessly. They played in the ocean without us having to be swimming with them. The water is very calm and crystal clear.
The sunsets are postercard perfect every evening.
The dive shop is Class A. Their main objective is Safety. They are courteous and help in any way they can.
One thing I didn't like this year, as well as last, is the fact that the time share kiosk is right outside the main lobby. So the first thing you see, either by coming to or from the lobby is the time share piranas asking "Do you want a cheap jeep rental?" or "Do you want to go snorkeling?" Or just the constant glare from them. They are pushy and cause a little unpleasantness. The kiosk should be moved.
There is a zipline play area outside the main lobby that is not working any longer. It should be dismantled and a mini golf course should be added.
A couple of drinks to try are: Mexican Mudslide, Banana Mama, and Bahama Mama.
We loved our stay here and can't wait until we see our Mexican friends again at the Allegro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel resort. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Agoda, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive