Allegro Cozumel
Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$62
$58
$239
$225
Secrets Aura Cozumel(Cozumel)
$319
$229
  • Breakfast included
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$121
$96
  • Breakfast included
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$99
$93
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$101
$231
$170
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mary Carmen(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$36
$294
$157
Agoda.com
4,998 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencefirst clubfishdive shopkids poolthe oriental restaurantgreat beachkids cluba la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard bedsfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2003

My family of four just returned from spending the week of Aug. 23-30th.
This hotel was nice but the cleanliness and size of the rooms could be improved. The tile floor did not appear to have ever been cleaned. The dining area was very warm, and the odor everyone talks about is mostly concentrated in only one area of the resort. unfortunatly, it is on the way to the dining area. The employees are very helpful and appreciative of any tips they receive. They don't expect them, I actually asked the bartender at the pool bar why he keeps his tip jar off the bar. he said he was not allowed to keep it on the bar. I left a dollar here and there for the maid but she didn't take it. The beach was beautiful and the dive playacar representives were more than helpful and professional. The talented staff put on very entertaining shows on stage every night. The most irritating thing about this resort is the sales people that stand right outside the lobby and ask you everyday if you are interested in sittting through a sales pitch (for time shares I believe). We never let them get past the initial approach. All in all this resort is nice but not great. I heard they were going to do some renovations in Sept. This hotel is way past due for some updates.

5  Thank lovevawine
Dallas ,Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2003

Me , my wife and 2 boys (8) and (13) just returned from the Allegro Resort-(8/10-8/14) Cozumel. I must say it was a great family vacation spot. After reading the alot of reviews ,we came prepared. The food was good , especially breakfast. The dinning hall was a little warm at times, but good none the less. The rooms were`nt great - but the A/C was cold and in August thats all that matters in Mexico. We lucked out and got a room right near the pool. The sulfer smell was`nt too bad - but its everywere in Cozumel- not just the resort we came to find out. Due to poor sewer system. All in all it was a great resort and I would return and recommend it to anyone ( Especially for a family vacation). It was quite at night - no crazy drunk 18 yerar old kids running around - The staff was great - but do tip the maids and bar staff-My tips: Rent a car and explore the island - The other side of the island was great - No hotels - just a few grass hut bars to stop and grab a beer. The waves on the other side of the island were between 5-10 feet - so if you surf bring your board.Bring your own cup for the resort bar-

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 24, 2003

My boyfriend & I just returned from a 4-day trip to Cozumel/Allegro resort. It was our first time in Cozumel, and we will definitely be back to stay at the Allegro. I spent a great deal of wasted time (prior to chosing the hotel), panicing over the various reviews I read on this site. Incidentally; I discovered that the majority of those sour complaints were totally trivial....so very, very trivial. What kind of service do we expect, when we roll into a foreign country with such typical "American" fussiness, whining, demanding & condescending? I found the staff very pleasant, helpful & gracious....is it any wonder that certain customers might be treated less than perfect, with their attitudes/expectations? The beach was AMAZING..absolutely what I had in mind...relaxing, electric blue perfection. I have no idea how anyone could classify the beach as rocky.( there are no rocks)? The beach was immaculate. We enjoyed very romantic walks on the beach at night, too...the resort is remote enough to offer an extraordinary view of the night sky...stars everywhere. Excursions (snorkel, etc) were easy to arrange and most worth it. The food was varied and filling (lots of fresh fruit and salad options, too)...no problems getting into the restaraunts (even without reservations...just have to show up & ask nicely). Please remember....it is an all-inclusive reosrt: the food isn't going to be 5-star quality...but it was fine, fine, fine with us.The images of the property, and all the inclusions (in my opinion) were true to form...all represented fairly on their web site. In general, we just didn't have a lot of extra time to waste, fixated on the petty little details of what could have been "better"...we were there to have a great time and to see a new side of paradise (which we did).

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chesapeake,Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2003

We stayed at the Allegro Cozumel from August 14-21,2003 and had a wonderful time. My husband who is pretty picky even enjoyed himself. I've read other reviews on this site and wonder where they must've stayed. The rooms are pretty spartan-tile floors and concrete/tile bed frames and nightstands but it only aids in keeping the place clean. Which it was. Our cleaning woman kept us in fresh linen, soap, and bottled water-plus placed fresh flowers on the bed when she made it. We left her a dollar a room tip(we had two adjioning rooms) a day which did make a difference. We saw NO RATS-c'mon. The occasional lizard and iguana-yes. The staff was friendly and polite. The most difficult thing...and this is pretty standard in Mexico...was putting toilet paper in the waste paper basket rather than in the toilet due to septic systems. Each toilet in each room we had did stop up but the staff was there within 10 minutes to "fix the problem". The entertainment was good. The staff (who must work 12hour plus days)presented amateurish shows in the p.m. but included the audience "family style". The piano bar was very nice and extremely overlooked-very talented musicians but due to the heat upstairs in the main building-I didn't stay up there too long to enjoy it. Unlimited food and drink--both very good. Dive Palancar-the in house water sports contractor there was great and very knowledgable. We went offshore fishing, snorkeling, and parasailing with Dive Palancar and had a great time each time. They attended to every need. The beach was kept up well. A few rocks in the water but not what you would call rocky at all. No sea grass either. Plenty water sports included in this all inclusive. Hobie cat, kayaking, snorkeling gear, boogie boards, windsurfers at no extra charge. The grounds were immaculately kept. We rented a car for 3 days because we were also interested in seeing the Eastern side of the island. The resort is a 17 dollar taxi ride to downtown but we preferred not staying in the hub of the cruise ship/market area all the time. For the money, it's a great vacation. Well worth it. You won't be sorry if you end up having the same experience we had. Negatives were only the heat in the buffet area and the toilet paper issue. Of note, we used Express Lavanderia in town to drop off laundry. Laundry service too expensive in resort. Express Lavanderia (I think it's on A. Rosada Salas) for 9.60 usd did two loads of wash for us and took a pair of my husband's new Levis shorts. So, be forwarned-Express Lavanderia-count your pieces before you drop 'em off and when you pick 'em up(she wraps them in a large plastic bag) or you may find you're missing something. Oh, one more thing, peddlars may try to sell you things on the beach. The beaches are public even at resorts so just tell them not interested and they'll leave you alone-period. Ate at Casa Denis(since 1947) downtown-per my Frommer's guide it was one $ sign. Cost us 27usd for 4 lunches plus a couple Corona(which is cheaper than buying bottled water)-mariachi singers wander up and down the street-great ambience on the sidewalk and the food was good mexican. Overall a great time in Cozumel at the Allegro Cozumel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio
Reviewed August 22, 2003

My wife and i just returned from 4 nights at the occidental Allegro in Cozumel and we had a blast. I read quite a few reviews before we went, and I knew what to expect. OVerall the allegro is great. The beach is huge, and very nice. The service was great...I thought everyone there was very helpful and spoke at least decent english. We tipped a few dollars here and there, but nothing excessive, Couple dollars a day on drinks, and a dollar a day for the maid. The rooms had everything we needed, although nothing fancy. Just a bed, bathroom and a TV closet.
But we didn't go to stay in our room, so it was no big deal.Our only complaint was the food. It was only fair, and appeared the chefs were trying to make americanized food instead of good mexican food. I am not a picky eater by any means, but found myself trying to eat food that would fill me up quick. However, we really enjoyed the reservation restaurants(the mexican was better than italian), but you can only eat there once. and the reservation process is pretty bad. The snack bar at lunch by the pool was the same everyday..burgers, fries, hot dogs, jalepeno poppers etc. THis worked out great for us as we were always at the pool or the beach. The fresh Guacamole and Pico de Gallo were great....I ate the same thing everyday and was happy. Can never go wrong with a burger and a Cold Negro ModeloSince we were there in August, it was very warm, and the only place that has AC is in your room. It was very hot in the dining hall at all times, since there is no air flow other than the ceiling fans. This was uncomfortable at times, but you kinda get used to it. A few other points. It is Mexico, so you have to go there with the correct mind set. i.e. you can't drink the water out of the tap, and the shower water has a little odor. Big deal, enjoy the beautiful surroundings, great people, and free drinks.
Cozumel is a great place to visit if you want to relax and see a beautifal place. We weren't into the club seen or all night partying, but we didn't want a senior citizen place either. The allegro was a good middle of the road place, adequate for families, but enough young people drinking and having fun. WE learned to SCUBA there for the first time and fell in love with it. learned in the pool, then walked out from the beach, then one off the boat down to the reefs...Amazing!!!Recommendations: Bring your own insulated mug. We both brought big mugs and it helped a lot. INstead of a little 12 ounch glass that get hot in 5 minutes, we could fill up our mugs and not worry about it for a while. Plus they will mix drinks into your mug.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member