“Longest bottom time ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Liquid Blue Divers
maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Longest bottom time ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Well now we are spoiled because it will be hard for any dive shop to measure up to the service LBD gave us today. Family of four, boat to ourselves, accompanied on both dives by wonderful dive master Luis plus owners Steve and Tami--- who obviously love what they are doing and it shows. The boat is roomy and clean, they provide dry towels, dive computers, defogging solution, lots of great snacks and teach you tricks like rinse out your regulator before the dive with clean water and have a mint after to get rid of "dive mouth." They use big heavy steel tanks, so longer bottom times (48 min first dive at 85 feet) and no weight belt which is so much more comfortable. Having a dive master plus both owners meant 3 pros looking for fun stuff, and six eyes on our two teenagers----first dive I have really enjoyed since they started diving! Kids had not been that deep, on a wall, or in strong current, and Luis did a great job explaining what to watch out for, how to dive those conditions, and then the 3 of them kept a close watch on everyone. And it was beautiful--- gorgeous, colorful coral formations, lots of fish, tortugas, groupers....Second dive was shallower, still some current...and when we didn't run out of air at the same time Luis orchestrated having Steve take one person up while the rest of us enjoyed more bottom time. I think someone called this "valet diving" and sign me up for this approach every time---no schlepping or setting up gear, which is a treat plus I know I didn't set anything up wrong. They had preselected BCDs based on our heights/weights, and after the first dive Steve commented that a BC needed repositioning on the next dive because he thought it would be more comfortable for the person with a minor adjustment. Truly a wonderful experience and yet very reasonably priced. BTW when you are taking the ferry check out www.swim4thereef for ferry discounts. I recommend LBD wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Cozumel Scuba Diving With Liquid Blue Divers (New Owners!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me start off by saying: Liquid Blue Divers is easily a "Top 3" Dive Operator in Cozumel and I am sure that their TripAdvisor ranking will reflect that in the months to come!

I live in Cozumel, Mexico have been diving, both professionally and recreationally for almost 30 years, and very regularly dive with several other top "valet" dive operators on the island; these are the operations that work their hardest to offer intimate and personalized service to the divers who understand that big and/or long-established operators do not necessarily offer the best dive experience in Cozumel anymore.

I dove with Liquid Blue for the first time today and I was **in shock** by the level of customer service, attention to detail and the new owners' (Steve & Kami) commitment to total client satisfaction. Here are some thing that really stood out for me:

1. Bottom time: The dive plan was perfect for everyone. Literally. We used steel tanks and bottom time was essentially only limited to no deco times. Personally, I had a 65 minuted deep dive and an 80 minute shallower second dive. Clients who breathed through their air faster were either guided in a few minutes after or expertly looked after back to the boat before the rest of us were ready to ascend. Everyone was happy with their own dive profiles today; I certainly was! Our dive guide was not a "clock watcher."

2. Boat: The boat is a larger "panga" type craft that very comfortably accommodates 8 divers (even the big guys we had on board today) and two engines for plenty of speed getting to and from the dive sites. The boat is VERY WELL maintained, super clean and looks great. It is "beamy" (wide) so it feels very stable, everyone isn't stepping on each other's fins and is easy to climb back on board after the dive. The hardtop is massive and essentially covers almost the entire boat offering much needed protection from both the intense sun and, at times, the rain.

(BTW, what operator doesn't care enough about their guests to NOT offer protection from the weather down here? I can think of a few and I'll never dive with them - there's no excuse! If your dive op's boat isn't covered, it's time to find a new dive center.)

3. Crew: The divemaster and captain were excellent! They were highly attentive and engaged with the guests through the entire trip. They were interactive with us and looking after our comfort. They helped us into and out of our gear and made sure we had all of our "extras" before descending. The boat was nearby and ready to pick us up when we surfaced. We had dry towels (DRY TOWELS!) after the dives. The selection of fruit and huge snack assortment was impressive. (Who knew mints were the perfect way to get over a salty mouth immediately after a dive?) I really liked these guys.

Great bottom time, a seaworthy, fast boat being operated by people who fully seem to enjoy their jobs... Really, what more is there for me to say? Just say no to the cattle boats and dive with valet operators who can focus on you and your diving enjoyment. I am totally satisfied with Liquid Blue Divers and am just a bit frustrated that I haven't been diving with them sooner. I will be a regular client with this operation.

1 Thank Scott H
Clovis, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Personal and professional dive operation right here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband has already written a dynamite review about Liquid Blue and the owners Kami and Steve Michels, but I must add a few important points here as well. I hurt my back in December 2013, and I was fearful that I would not be able to dive come May 2014. Needless to say, I thought I could just cry! (I know, I know... There's no crying in diving!) As a result, my husband booked only 2 days of diving for me for fear that I would not be able to dive after all. True to the information listed on the Liquid Blue website, owner Steve Michels came to our condo the day we arrived in Coz to pick up our gear and to share some information on how diving with Liquid Blue would work. I shared my fear of being unable to dive because of my back and Steve assured me that everything would work out just right, and in fact it did just that! I successfully completed 10 dives with the personal assistance of Steve and his Dive Master/Instructor Luis, not to mention Javier's extra special service of handing me my gear after I was in the water. These guys are dive professionals bar none! Imagine a 70 minute night dive!! Yes, that is right and what an amazing trip that was! Truly magical! Although I did not have the opportunity to dive with Kami, I was fortunate enough to spend some time with her nonetheless and we had a great time! I enjoyed my diving in Cozumel immensely and intend to dive exclusively with Liquid Blue in the near future. Thank you Liquid Blue for everything including the Lifesaver mints, dry towels and snacks between dives. Liquid Blue Divers simply ROCKS! Miss you all!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CaliShel
River Falls, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip After Trip, Liquid Blue Divers Are The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

In the past 9 months we have been on 3 dive trips using LBD. Each trip get's better and better. Our last visit in April over Easter was our best vacation ever. The weather in Cozumel was perfect and the diving was amazing. Steve and Kami picked us up at the airport grabbed our gear and dropped us off at our condo. We dove 5 days this last trip and enjoyed great bottom times. Our first dive was always over 60 minutes and the second dive exceeded 80-90 minutes. We are spoiled having Steve take up divers that use more air while Kami stays down with us until we need to come up. LBD dive rates with the long bottom times are the best on Cozumel. Javier, the captain of Bonita Luna is very helpful and always there with the boat to pick you up. We are going back in August for our 4th trip in a year with LBD. Steve and Kami have arranged for us a day of snorkeling with the whales sharks on the mainland. Steve and Kami are going with us and taking care of everything. Now that is a Valet Dive Company. I strongly suggest anyone reading this review, get on the computer and book your trip with Steve and Kami, owners of Liquid Blue Divers.

Visited April 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“We had a difficult request - AWESOME experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My family and I recently traveled to Cozumel to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. My three children (15, 13, 11) and my sister and her family (12, 9, 7) we somewhat interested in diving, but were pensive about jumping right in on a discovery dive. Steve arranged for a mixed trip where my husband and I could dive as certified divers, my son did 2 tank discovery dive and those who were apprehensive did a snorkel/get to know you dive first, then a discovery dive with Luis. The experience was SO INCREDIBLE my children have not stopped talking about it. Hector, Luis and Steve were amazing and truly made this family experience a celebration of stepping out of your comfort zone, embracing the peace of the ocean and loving what you do.

My son saw a huge male loggerhead turtle on his first dive and daughters saw several rays, eel and barracuda.

Another value add includes the snacks, drinks, cakes, stories and photos they took to make the day even better.

I greatly appreciate your effort and recommend this operator without hesitation.