“Great Casual Taco Restaurant”
Review of Parrilla Mission

Parrilla Mission
Ranked #128 of 387 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been to this restaurant twice now with friends and family and have always had a great experience. The margaritas are excellent and the food is great too. Taco bar begins at 6pm and you can add your own delicious toppings to your tacos! Service has also been very good. Great restaurant for dining out in Cozumel a bit off the tourist path.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went here on a "date" night with another couple but, could easily have brought our children to this place. It was open and airy, and overall had a low-key vibe. It was sparsely decorated - it had this kool skeleton lady which we sat by (see pic).

The food was delicious. So flavourful! Loved my mini chili rellenos! All of us enjoyed our dining experience there and could and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I ate here only once and it was amazing. I only wish I could have gone there afterwards. I had planned to but was not able. They could have charged more and it would have been worth it.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our family (8 adults) visited Parilla Mission while spending 8 days at a house on Cozumel. I wish we would have found this place our first night because it was amazing and I would have loved to be able to try the whole menu. The chile relleno was amazing and the steaks were tender and extremely flavorful. The service was attentive and our group had one of if the not the best meal while on the island. There is not one thing I can complain about. The food is just that good. Do yourself a favor and try the helado de coco, or coconut ice cream it is divine. I will dream of those yummy chile rellenos until my next visit.

1  Thank geezersgirl
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Not to be confused with La Mission in downtown San Miguel. We happened upon this restaurant by chance but it quickly became our favorite. We came back three more times for a total of 8 individual meals. Seven of these were fantastic, and the other was quite acceptable, especially when the price is considered. The beef and chicken were always good with ample portions. The side buffet complements the meals if you have a large appetite. Prices are 30 to 60 percent cheaper than downtown and the atmosphere is local, and fun with plenty of families always in attendance.
The only drawback was the service. Give the previous reviews which compliemented the service, I'm at a loss to explain this. Other than the evening when Fernando was our waiter (he was a hoot and kept us well served and well amused), we were often ignored for long periods. Most evenings we had to ask for dishes to use the buffet. On what was to be our 5th visit in 6 days, we waited for 5 minutes for a waiter to acknowledge our presence, and finally walked out. If you can put up with indifferent service, and want great food at terrify prices, it’s a great place to visit.