“Disappointed after waiting a year to come back.”
Review of Prima Trattoria - CLOSED

Prima Trattoria
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Full bar and out great wine list. A non Smoking Covered area, and a smoker friendly compliance smoking area set far apart from the covered non smoking area. Waterfall , palm trees, very cozy, family friendly and romantic place to spend the evening. Delivery Service to Town and all Hotels and Condos. Featuring our Western Fried Chicken from years past, back by popular demand, Texas Style, kettle cooked to order. Fresh seafood, and daily specials in addition to our regular menu, at very friendly prices in the new location and much lower overhead.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Prima is one of our favorite breakfast spots; however 3 out of the 5 entrees were incorrect. After tracking down our server they did replace the Canadian bacon with lobster in our eggs benedict. The cinnamon rolls were fabulous but it was all overshadowed by the offensive t - shirt worn by the owner. The rest of the staff is well kept and professionally dressed. I would expect the same from the owner as he circulates through the dining room. Disappointing.

2  Thank lschmidt73
primacozumel, friend at Prima Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi, just a note to apologize for my attire the other morning, I put on this shirt when I gto up at 3 am to fix the water system in the building and then was passing through Prima to say hi to my brother .

I did not mean for it to offend anyone, and profusely apologize for it

I showed this to the owner, and she says sorry as well, for the service, it was very busy, and her waiters only speak 50% English at best.

I hang out in Prima, but gave up my interest in it a few years ago and am pretty much retired.

I hope you give them another chance, if they do not sell the place to someone who is offering to buy it to put a penthouse there.

anyway, I am sorry, I will make sure to use this only when I am working out, so as not to offend anyone.

There are newer reviews for Prima Trattoria

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Awesome views, probably the best on the island. The entrees are very large, so don't make the mistake that we did by eating bread (delicious and fresh baked), salads, and other appetizers. Our table had the ceasar salad, blue cheese salad, onion rings, and seafood chowder. All were very good, but the onions and seafood chowder were amazing.

For entrees we had grilled grouper (special), seafood combo pasta, delmonico ribeye, and the chateau briande for one. The ribeye was slightly under done but still delicious. All of the pasta was fresh made and cooked to perfection. Everything was delicious. All that and drinks ran up a total of 147 USD. Heck 4 people can spend that at the Hooters down the street! Go eat some goos food people.

If the dining room is busy, it is loud, and the background music didn't help. Next time I will sit on the balcony. Our waiter seemed to disappear when it was time to pay, so it did take a while to get out of there.

I will be back.

1  Thank MMA_Dad
Reviewed February 26, 2014

So the good things first:
- The view is amazing
- Our breakfast meals were good, not great but certainly yummy.
- silence.... yep, that's about it for the good...

Now the not so good:
- it took forever to take our order
- it took forever for our food to come out and didn't come out together
- our cinnamon buns came out cold (and they were definitely NOT amazing)
- our coffee order we had to place THREE times before someone finally brought it out. Then when the coffee arrived it was lukewarm and tasted like dishwater.
- We decided to switch to lattes hoping for more flavor, we're convinced they just used the bad coffee to make lattes too - no expresso in them for sure!!

We went on a Sunday morning and it was quite busy. As a result I don't know if things might have been better when it wasn't so busy but we'll never find out because we probably won't bother going back.

1  Thank Bear2ii
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just returned from our 15th year of visiting Cozumel. Prima still ranks one of our favorites for Breakfast and also for Dinner. The best Key Lime pie !!!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We tried here because it was so close to where we were staying. The view was excellent - we dined outside in perfect weather. The food was decent on par with Olive Garden I'd say. They ran out of sirloins so had to opt for Chicken Parm. Spaghetti, sauce and Chicken Parm all very good. Salad (the incredible blue cheese) was crisp and fresh. Lots of cheese, lots of greens and reasonable at $80 pesos. They were out of the wine we wanted so opted for a lesser priced bottle of Chilean wine - still good. Service was kinda a hot mess. They only took one of our drink orders at first, then two others after, missing the last person altogether. We finally got all drinks but service was still jumbled. The waiters (very kind) were running their tails off because of several large parties. I think the disjointed service was simply because they were overbooked. The owner came by and it was a nice touch. I also liked the lady at the elevator lobby. I'd come back with hopes of better service because the food was good. I ate every morsel on my plate!