“One of the best in Coz”
Review of Prima Trattoria - CLOSED

Prima Trattoria
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Full bar and out great wine list. A non Smoking Covered area, and a smoker friendly compliance smoking area set far apart from the covered non smoking area. Waterfall , palm trees, very cozy, family friendly and romantic place to spend the evening. Delivery Service to Town and all Hotels and Condos. Featuring our Western Fried Chicken from years past, back by popular demand, Texas Style, kettle cooked to order. Fresh seafood, and daily specials in addition to our regular menu, at very friendly prices in the new location and much lower overhead.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“One of the best in Coz”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Prima is as close to 'fine dining' as you will find in Cozumel, and they do it pretty damn well. The view is awesome at any time of day, either for the diver's breakfast, or after dark for dinner. The service is attentive and professional. Execution and presentation of entrees does not approach the level of sophistication you might expect from a 4-5 star restaurant in the States, but hey, remember where you are, and enjoy the ambience. On a recent visit my companion enjoyed the 'catch of the day' and I had a filet with garlic butter. Put Prima on your 'must do' list of dining experiences while on the island.

• Visited December 2012

Lawrence, Kansas
“KING CRAB - priceless”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Again, another wonderful meal and beautiful setting (and service). Our fav on the island. We will definitely return again (and again....). the view is breathtaking!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scott W
primacozumel, Owner at Prima Trattoria, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Yes, just luck when we get Fresh Local King Crab in . I am glad you were one of only a couple hundred per year who get to experience this delicacy of our Local waters. We appreciate the review , my staff and I hope to see you soon.
Albert
mo.
“Superb”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Everything is so yummy the surf and turf is a must. Better than anywhere in Mexico or states the waiters are very professional and still friendly mud pie is a must great view of ocean

Visited May 2013
1 Thank reyna284
primacozumel, Owner at Prima Trattoria, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
My Staff and I appreciate your review. We hope to see you again.
Regards
Albert
okc
“Great steak and Grouper”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went there two nights in a row with different people. The first night I was with a local freind and his GF. I had the catch of the day which was grouper. It was delicious. The next night i returned with a group of 15 or so for a bday party. I had the del monico ribeye? I think it was called. It was the first time i had a steak on the island and i was not disappointed. It has great flavor and was very tender. Great views and great service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank okdiverokc
Columbia, SC
“Great views, great service & good eats at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

During my recent visit to Cozumel, I stayed at El Cantil Condos (Unit 7AN) in downtown San Miguel. Included with the stay of 12 days was breakfast every morning at Prima Trattoria( at the top floor of the building on the 9th Floor).

The views of downtown San Miguel, the cruise ship and ferry terminals, as well as the beautiful Caribbean Sea, were all phenomenal! The amazing views are accompanied by very friendly, efficient and attentive service. Even though our breakfasts were included in the cost of our condo rental, we received great service every morning at breakfast, as well as by the pool for snacks and drinks.

My favorite breakfast items the Chilaquiles (red and green) and Prima Muffin (basically like an Egg McMuffin). The habanero salsa was excellent and a tasty way to bring added heat to the Chilaquiles, which were on the mild side in both red and green formats. A farm fresh egg was prepared to liking for adding to the top of the Chilaquiles and this was a great touch to the shredded chicken, queso fresco, salsa, crema and crispy totopo chips.

We did also eat dinner 1 night at Prima and had them prepare fillets from the 48lb. Mahi Mahi I caught deep sea fishing. The chef made a wonderful fresh Mahi sashimi, delicious Mahi nuggets and family style fillets Mahi al Mojo de Ajo. My only complaint was that the chef used garlic from a jar and not fresh...really? Still dinner was delicious and teh service excellent. The bar drinks at Prima are also first rate and my better half especially loved the Mudslides.

I recommend Prima for breakfast and also for drinks & snacks anytime...great service, great views and good food!

• Visited May 2013