“Learn, Discover, Have fun”
Review of Dive Choice Mexico

Dive Choice Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Choice Mexico is specialized in diving with small groups. Go out and scuba dive with us in one of our small fast boats, where dive safety, fun and great experiences go together. Dive Choice Mexico has over 20 years experience teaching diving, so take your Padi Open water course with us and become a new diver. We care about you and your family/friends, and it would be great that you become part of our dive family!The ocean is our office and we like to share it with you!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Learn, Discover, Have fun”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went to Cozumel this August where I have been told that was one of the best place to dive in the world.
After having passed my licence in Tulum, I have been advised to contact Ricardo to dive as he was one of the best instructor around here.
Well that was right ! I enjoyed a whole morning diving with him in tow different places. The equipment was just perfect : size, quality, security.
I have been more than excited to dive with him : he brought us in places where we saw all types of fishes, including sharks, barracudas, and also turtles. It was really the best place I went to dive.

What I really enjoyed as well is how the team was sharing their knowledge of the sea, their passion for diving... In addition, between two immersions, Ricardo and his team shared with us some delicious home made cakes, fresh fruits and water : it was again a great opportunity to discuss with the team and the other divers, making this experience very friendly and totally unique.

No doubt that I would contact him again to dive in Cozumel when I go back there !

Visited August 2012

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Signed up for 4 days of diving, ended up doing 8”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We planned a 10 day trip to Cozumel to include 8 days of diving. I contact another dive shop before arriving but could only get in for the last 4 days of our trip. When we arrived we learned of Dive Choice from the information book in the condo we rented. We looked them up on tripadvisor and decided that we could dive with them. Long story short, we cancelled with the 2nd dive shop and stayed with Dive Choice for the entire trip. Ricardo and Karen run the business. They are extremely responsive and safety conscientious. Since we were new with them, when I first contacted them Karen made sure that we were certified, understood our dive experience and (this was a new one for me) since we have our own equipment, made sure that we had them serviced properly. We were picked up at the pier by our condo everyday; they took care of our equipment every day (so we didn't have to log them back and forth). Each day, the dive group on the boat can decide on where to dive. I also wanted to do a twilight dive, which includes an afternoon and night dive, and even though they did not regularly do this, Ricardo accommodated us. If you plan to dive with this team, you should be up front about your level of experience diving and do keep an eye on your dive profile for each dive.
We will be back before the end of the year and will dive with Dive Choice again. Highly recommend them.

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Dive Choice Mexico, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Well this is the best compliment you could have given us!
See you later in 2012!

Cheers Karen and Ricardo
Mesa, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Dove the Dos Ojos Cenote with Ricardo while on vacation on Cozumel.

The Cenote was beautiful.And the dive was well guided.

Ricardo did a great job with the transportation arrangements to the Cenote. I would not hesitate to recommend him or Dive Choice to anyone.

Creswell, Oregon
“Awesome Awesome Company!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I were lucky enough to meet both Ricardo and Karen on our second trip to Cozumel in 2011. While we were there we both got our open water certifications with Dive Choice Mexico. My wife gets a little nervous diving and Ricardo's attention to detail and patients is amazing. We came back this yr. and did the advanced course with Dive Choice and once again had a great week long experience. I would recommend Dive Choice Mexico to anyone coming to this area.

, Owner at Dive Choice Mexico, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We are always happy to witness the great steps each individual makes on his journey to the abyss.................Congratulations with the advanced certification and see you next time!
Cheers Karen and Ricardo
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
“My first real dive.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My local Dive shop that I went through to become PADI Certified recommended Dive Choice Mexico. They recommended for my first ocean dive the small group and individual attention would make my dive an enjoyable one, and they were right I loved it, I’m so addicted I have to go back, Ricardo and his crew did a great job, were already planning our next trip with Dive Choice Mexico.

, Owner at Dive Choice Mexico, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We are happy that you became Padi certified back home and that you did your first real dives after your certification with us here in Cozumel! Thanks for becoming part of our dive family and hope to see you back in the water with us many many times from now!!!
Cheers, Karen and Ricardo