“AMAZING! LUVVVD IT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villas El Encanto
Portland, Oregon
“AMAZING! LUVVVD IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just returned from staying at Ana's Villas El Encanto from March 14th to 24th 2013. BEAUTIFUL PEACEFUL PLACE TO STAY. Loved the peacocks and dogs that my puppy I brought was able to play with. YES Ana was GREAT letting me bring my puppy! Ana and her son Martin were ALWAYS cheerful and EXTREMELY helpful with anything we had questions on or help we needed. She took us to pick up a car rental and gave us directions to places and suggestions like Felipe Romo a dive master and his great staff at Diving Adventures. Her staff is very nice and our house keeper did a GREAT job. It truly seemed like we were the only ones there the entire time. I can't say enough great things about it. But if you don't like to hear dogs bark because they are just being naturally protective or peacocks do their call then this probably would not be the right fit for you. BUT with that said, there seems to be a lot, and I mean A LOT of dogs in San Miguel, and once one starts barking you hear the barking flow through the neighborhoods as one dog after another chimes in. I found it amusing myself being I live in a fairly quiet area and got used to it quickly and ignored it when I wanted more sleep. Villas El Encanto is very nicely located also. Most everything is walking distance town wise including the Mega store for groceries etc. 2 THUMBS UP AND 2 PAWS UP for Ana, her son, staff and her BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY she SO kindly shares with others to enjoy!

Room Tip: We had the downstairs apartment closest to Ana's house. It had a nice porch we enjoyed eating br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Socorro, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

It's my second time here already. And will definitely come back again. Ana and her family are very kind. Rooms are clean, location is great, just one block from the Main Street. Grocery stores in walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank LenarSakhapov
encanto44, Owner at Villas El Encanto, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thanks for your review, we are happy to give the best service in our Villas EL ENCANTO
Cozumel,for us the guest is very important, is we can help in any other trip to Cozumel,
We will be happy to do it.
ANA L MARTIN
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at Villas El Encanto for 5 weeks and enjoyed my time there. I loved Ana's hospitality, she made me feel very comfortable. The grounds are beautiful. I loved watching the peacocks and playing with the dogs. I dove most days and used the rinse tank. I did use the common kitchen and found the refrigerator working well. I cooked breakfast many mornings and found that there were enought pots pan and dishes. The location is great. I did rent a car for the entire stay but did walk into town many nights. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scubababe50
encanto44, Owner at Villas El Encanto, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for your coments, about my VILLAS, I ll be happy to have as guest any time,
we make this hotel with a lot af love, for the nature and the Cozumel. see you some day
ANA
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'm sorry Ana for not writing a review that I promised almost a year ago! The owner, Ana was very kind and hospitable. Helped us many times for activities and food. When she was not around, her sons would help you with anything you need.

The hotel's interior was impeccably clean during our stay. The property were nicely maintained. It was very private, relaxing, and cozy. The dogs were very cute and peacocks were beautiful (if you are not an animal person, not recommended). A little rusty, but functional bicycles were very helpful riding around in town. It was fun! There is an art shop on site, and the collection there was beautiful. We bought one huge oil painting for a good price.

The only complaint was that our private pool was not really cleaned until almost the end of our trip (though it was still clean enough to enjoy it every night, watching stars).... But overall, it was one of the greatest places that we ever stayed at!

Room Tip: The room with the private pool was awesome.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yuki K
encanto44, Owner at Villas El Encanto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for your coments , I so happy you stay with us and I hope to see you again,
my best for you and your family.
ANA
VILLAS EL ENCANTO COZUMEL
Phoenix AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

In July the property was serioulsy overrun with mosquitos. We shortened our stay there and seeked lodging elsewhere on the island, closer to the ocean/ on the water and significantly reduced our exposure. My son counted the bites on his body in 3 days and there were over 100 of them.The kitchen is not air conditioned, the refrigerator did not cool properly and we paid extra for our private pool which we never could use due to bugs and having frogs in it. The dogs bark frequently and it was not the peaceful outdoor oasis we were hoping for. We woke up to find dog / peacock poop on the patio - it was promptly cleaned and upon check in my 1st night there was a gecko that had nested in the bed. I am not a squeamish individual ( Army RN) and the owner was empathetic but the property is far more rustic than advertised. We tried to sit outdoors numerous times and were unable to do so due to the mosquitos. Bring plenty of repellant - long sleeved clothing if you chose to stay there.

Room Tip: Do not spend the extra money on the "suite" with the private pool. Upstairs may have a cha...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ElaineRN
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

For those who love a "homey" feel..that include dogs, peacocks, and a cheery "Good Morning" from owner Ana, son, Martine, and the assorted staff......this is IT!!
We stayed in the upper apt. The small kitchen is basic. It has a good refridgerator, and we enjoyed the ability to easily eat outdoors .
Being on the second floor gave us a breeze on those sultry nights while playing angry birds and sipping rum.
The fresh linenned beds were good.
It would have been nice to have the air-con working up to snuff because of the perviously mentioned humidity. Though there were ceiling fans.
The Beautiful pools were a welcome relief after a hot morning of shopping.
They had a rince tank for scuba gear and were great about letting us dry our stuff. They can also put you in touch with excellent dive & snorkel people. We have dove for years with a good friend of Ana's.
We had a car that we parked safely on the street.
If you like bike riding to get groceries or sight seeing, bring one down , use it ,and leave it here!!
The property is nicely located. Easy walking distance to downtown and to lots of Great restaurants.
I would go back in a heartbeat. Miss you Bekka

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important ask for a room with the best reception.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
kenora
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The jungle setting comes with its problems.We stayed in the upper of two apartments and the only table to eat from was outside...where the peacocks often left their calling card.The kitchen was small with no table. The 6 dogs barked on many occasions, when anyone entered or to answer neighbouring dogs through out day. Mosquitos were bad in evening. Internet was only available within 6 feet of back windows; not on balcony. With monthly rental we were charged for drinking water and electricity, which was not documented with a accurate bill; in fact our electric meter turned with ALL power consumption appliances unplugged!
The view was poor and breezes were minimal due to trees and orientation of balcony.

Room Tip: Read your electric meter at start and finish with owners.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple