“Diving”

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been diving with Mike and Margaret for several years. 2+ times a year I bring large groups of divers to Papa Hogs. I never had a complaint from any of my customers...all were delighted with the service. The Divemasters are among the best on the island: Juan, Arturo, Eddie are all fantastic.

Papa Hogs is a SAFE dive operation. The DMs stay well within the limits and tailor the diving to the experience level on the boat. On a few occasions my customers had ear problems, cuts, etc. Mike made a phone call and took them to the local English speaking Internal Med doctor. In and out within 30 minutes,

Booking is easy, just give Margaret an email and you will get a quick response. As a former travel agent she can also book hotels, fishing, etc.

Most all Dive Operations on Cozumel are excellent, but I think Mike and Margaret have created a special business where you become part of the Papa Hogs family.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank David V

Boulder, Colorado
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Fabulous dive program!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been diving in Cozumel for about 20 years. I have tried a number of dive shops but have been diving Papa Hogs for the last 15 or so (having gotten my advanced certification through them). They are great! Michael and Margaret make you feel like a part of the family; dive masters, Jose, Eddie, Juan, Arturo, are great at finding great life on dives; boat captains are super helpful; and Sabas helps to organize all gear when on land. Quite simply, I would not dive with another group when in Cozumel. Highly recommended.

1 Thank lmlmlm
Tobermory, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Small boat, great crew”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This outfit offers small group diving for those who prefer a slower less busy dive. Photographers will enjoy not being rushed along in diver soup. Marguerite was gracious and helpful making sure everyone was happy and Eddie and Victor were as accommodating a crew as divers could ask for. Shore facilities are basic but certainly adequate.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sheila B
Manhattan Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experiences - Scuba, Snorkel, and Sunset Cruise”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family had three great experiences with Papa Hog's this past week in Cozumel. First, the entire family did a combination scuba and snorkel trip. Jose, Brian, Chile, and Captain Francisco enabled everyone to enjoy themselves and experience the wonderful marine life of Cozumel. Second, Captain Francisco again joined us in taking our family out but this time for a relaxing and gorgeous cruise. We had the idea last second, but Mike was able to accommodate us and his team was at the pier within the hour for an hour prior to sunset and an hour post. Third, Papa Hog's delivered on another great two-dive trip on my last day. Wonderful excursion and a great dive team. We will assuredly use Papa Hog's on our next voyage to Cozumel. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank pdwilhelm
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I like his outfit.....friendly Canadians that have found the good life in Cozumel. They have been there 20 years running this business.

They came highly recommended to us and we were not disappointed.

They were good; treated my wife very well as a new scuba diver which helped build her confidence.

We will be back.