“Great fresh fish.”

Pescaderia San Carlos
Ranked #28 of 387 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A true hidden gem, with friendly owners, live music, and fresh fish. Excellent hosts, reasonable prices and delicious food.
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We tried to go for an early lunch since the pictures of the building showed that they opened at 7am, but only the fish market was open (the restaurant didn't open until 11am). We came back later and had a great lunch. The complimentary civiche was excellent, as was the whole fried grouper, which was served with warm tortillas, a lime-flavored slaw and rice. A large lunch for two, including drinks, was under $30. The waiter was very attentive and spoke enough English (his English was better than my Spanish). The seating is outdoors but covered, and was surprisingly cool given how hot it was outside. A cab ride from Punta Langosta is only about $6 USD, and it's definitely worth the trip.

1  Thank zhecht

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We like to get out of the tourist zones when we travel. Without TA we'd have never found this spot! It is not an impossible walk from downtown but it was a hot day so we opted for a cab ride, about $5 each way. The restaurant is on the rustic side but very clean. everyone was extremely friendly. The service was prompt and food was fresh, cheap and well prepared. We had heard the ceviche was good but opted to split a bowl of the seafood soup instead. Luckily a small dish of ceviche came out in lieu of the more normal salsa, so we got the best of both worlds. The ceviche was great and the soup was out of this world, chock full of shrimp and nice chunks of fish. For our meals I had a spicy shrimp dish (8 large shrimp) and my wife had a very large fish fillet in garlic sauce. Both were delicious, and at 120 pesos (about $10) each, a bargain. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip and it is a sure bet if I return to Cozumel I will go back to Pescadaria San Carlos.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our server here may be one of the best I have had....he was super sweet and attentive!! The ceviche lived up to all the reviews, the best I had!!! We all loved our lunch here, and I will be back for sure!! If your craving local cuisine ...go here!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from Cozumel. If you are on the island, it is a must. It is kind of hard to find. It is on the right side of Jauras street just befor Casa mission restaurant block.

2  Thank 713Bruce
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The term suggests to me that this place is "freshness" is the best ceviche on the island, if you want a whole fish, then you can choose! They offer generous portions, the treatment is pleasant, the place is clean. Applause!