“Make sure to eat here”

Pescaderia San Carlos
Ranked #23 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A true hidden gem, with friendly owners, live music, and fresh fish. Excellent hosts, reasonable prices and delicious food.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from Cozumel. If you are on the island, it is a must. It is kind of hard to find. It is on the right side of Jauras street just befor Casa mission restaurant block.

2  Thank 713Bruce

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The term suggests to me that this place is "freshness" is the best ceviche on the island, if you want a whole fish, then you can choose! They offer generous portions, the treatment is pleasant, the place is clean. Applause!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to this place thanks to a local's recommendation and couldn't be happier. My ceviche plate had one spoon left when I realised I wanted to take a picture of it to send to my friend who was supposed to come with me to this trip. I think I will dream about this ceviche for months, if not years to come. I also had the fish filet and it was delicious too.

Highly recommended! The only problem was that it was a Sunday and they had 'local live music', ie, a guy singing with backing vocals. It was horrible and too loud but I guess it added to the local experience and it wouldn't put me away from their ceviche anyway!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

So I had to return my rental car by noon and I'm staying on the northern hotel zone...ISIS rentadora is fantastic by the way. So around 11 am im driving around like a true American pendejo
trying to find San Carlos . Heard the ceviche was great and fried fish. Since it was early I was on a quest for ceviche. Am or pm ceviche always works best for me. I asked a local for directions because I was super lost. The awesome local said "follow me I will show you" he drove and guided me half across town following him in my rental car because I dont know Norte from sur calles.
Yay to super cool locals!!! So the ceviche was fantastic and the fellas who were helping me were sweethearts. I got the ceviche to go.... Next time in coz I would love to try the fried fish.
Definitely will be back ...very good sized portions.

1  Thank beggarsbanquet
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We enjoyed the fried fish tacos and fillet fish with garlic, onion and green peppers. They gave us a sample plate of ceviche which was delicious. The lemonade was big and good.

2  Thank scubadad007