“Best meal I had in Cozumel”

Pescaderia San Carlos
Ranked #27 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A true hidden gem, with friendly owners, live music, and fresh fish. Excellent hosts, reasonable prices and delicious food.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This place was ideal for my husband and I, who like authentic places that have good food and people. There was music playing, a mix of locals and visitors and the staff was extremely friendly. The food was incredible - I had the grilled fish with garlic. Fresh, well prepared and excellent.

There are newer reviews for Pescaderia San Carlos

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This spot is lovely. The fish is fresh and the owner is pleasant. The staff is attentive. Ok, now that I took care of the pleasantries...
If you are looking for a big , delicious and out of this world seafood... this is the spot. Run here! It is too good to be true. You can pick your fish and enjoy while they cook it to your liking.

That fish did not stand a chance... this review does not do this place justice. You have to experience it for yourself. Make sure you go here.
Take cash (pesos are best). It is out of the way (that's great, no crowds).

2  Thank NYC2LOVE
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The owner introduce himself to us, and we got a great value for our money
Be sure and take cash because they don’t accept any credit, but this place is a must. It’s a little hard to find, but well worth the hunt.
I wanted to go back but didn’t make it as there are so many different place to eat on the island and didn’t have enough days
I would make this place my first stop and if you have time go back
Great place
Take Pesos and everybody does a bad exchange rate to dollars

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have traveled to Cozumel several times over the last few years and I finally got around to trying this gem. Let me just say this is some of the very best seafood/fish I have ever eaten...and I have eaten my share. A party of 4 ordered 2 fish meals, one chicken entree, the shrimp (mexican style plate) and an order of fish tacos. We were given some of the tastiest ceviche, chips and salsa as appetizers. With 4 Cokes the bill came to $55. Great conversation with the owner and his (family) staff. You just can't beat it!

1  Thank Husker_Beach_Lover
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Been going here for years. The owner Diego is great. Fish dinner for 120 pesos about $10.00. Freshest fish cooked to perfection. Wife had fried I had Caribbean style. Stuffed... We took a ceviche of shrimp & conch back to our room. $20.00 for the ceviche but we ate on it for 3 days! Nothing fancy just good food.