“tranquil”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Residencias Reef Condos
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Lovely setting just 15 minute drive from town. Beach and 2 pools (heated!!) We stayed 2 weeks and very much enjoyed our suite (7150) and the condo's facilities as well. snorkling is good just from the beach but there are excursions available right from the dock for snorking and scuba diving. Maid service was a real plus! we will likely go again.

Our kitchen was well stocked with all I needed to cook meals etc. facial and bathroom tissue was included and dish soap and dishwasher detergent and salt and pepper were there. Bottled water is on hand too - no need to buy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Annma27
There are newer reviews for Residencias Reef Condos

Reviewed February 4, 2013

In September 2012, My fiancee and I stayed for a week in the Ruggles (Patsy and Jerry) fabulous Unit #5120, which is right smack dab on San Francisco Beach (the best beach in Cozumel) in the modern and luxurious Residencias Reef development. To continue with the many well-deserved accolades, sharing of experiences and tips for fellow Travel Advisor addicts, I organize my thoughts into 2 sections: 1) Pre-Trip and 2) The Stay...so, here goes...

1) Pre-Trip: I contacted Patsy (and several other VRBO owners) in June 2012 to see about options for our week's visit to Cozumel in September. Patsy was very prompt in replying to my inquiry and provided a plethora of information about her multiple condo units for rent at Residencias Reef. In fact, when Patsy learned that it was only the two of us, she suggested some lower priced options among her Residencias Reef properties. However, Unit #5120 is the closest condo to the beach, literally 10 steps to sand and perhaps 30 to the Caribbean, of her units and we wanted this experience! Also convincing, Patsy was offering an end-of-summer special even though we recognized that September is the peak month for hurricane season. Thus, we signed up for #5120 and started buying snorkel gear, making travel plans and arrangements with Emily, The Cozumel Chef (more on Emily and Cozumel Chef in reviews dedicated to her.

2) The Stay: Never having been to Cozumel before, we were very optimistic but not entirely certain what to expect...when we arrived at CZM (Cozumel Airport), we rented a Jeep for the week and took off along the coast (only option :)) road to Residencias Reef. Cozumel is spectacular and, when we walked in the door to Patsy's Casa Buena Vida (Unit #5120) at Residencias Reef, we were all smiles...BEACH & CARIBBEAN right at the door! Unit #5120 is everything you see in Patsy's pictures and more...52" LCD in living room, large LCD's in bedrooms, very nice furniture, comfortable mattresses, great kitchen, many towels, beach gear and an amazing porch with great outdoor furniture! We could not have been happier!!

The Residencias Reef development is beautiful, spotless and has extremely friendly staff to help with deep sea fishing plans (I did!), attend to condo needs, etc. Maid service by Veronica was exceptional and thanks to the Ruggels' Condo #5120, our Cozumel trip fantastic.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION IS REPEAT BUSINESS...WE ALREADY TRIED TO GO BACK TO #5120 IN MAY, BUT IT WAS ALREADY BOOKED! WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike L
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I regret to say that the Aura next door ruined my ability to sleep on my vacation. Much as i would love to party until all hours of the night i have 2 small kids and can't afford the sleep. I used ear plugs and could still here the music from the night club next door. I paid extra for a room on the beach and it turns out this is closest to that lovely night club playing bad 80s music. I wish I had spent less for a quieter room. If I were folks in building 1 at RR I would ask for some type of noise mitigation. Town is a decent drive at 15 minutes if you go on off hours but during the time ships are coming in add another 5-10 minutes to that.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank jennappy
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Residencias Reef in a rented one bed condo for two weeks. Condo is really nice with everything you need, the grounds are well maintained and pools and beach are lovely. My only criticism is that the only restaurants within walking distance shut at sunset and then you have to drive to get anything to eat. There is no local grocery shop either so you really need a car to get out. Diving was fine though as most of the boats pick you up from the pier of the hotel next door. The town is a good 10km from the condos but as long as your OK with this it is great.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylbeattiebray
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in unit 5230 for a week of diving around Christmas. The condo is on the second floor of a beachfront building, with a large balcony overlooking the ocean.

The one-bedroom condo is spacious and well-appointed. We didnt encounter any maintenance problems during our stay. The kitchen is fully stocked and includes cocktail essentials like a blender and citrus press. The condo features wireless internet, American satellite TV and an American Vonage phone.

The on-site staff are very attentive and will help carry bags or groceries, call a cab, etc. It is helpful to speak some Spanish.

The ocean-facing infinity pool is a great place to relax, swim, and sunbathe.

The condo is steps away from a pier where dive boats pick up, making this a convenient option for divers. The town of San Miguel is about a 10 minute drive. I highly recommend a rental car, for about $35 per day, rather than relying on $15 cabs each time you want to get somewhere. Be sure to make the 15 minute drive to the eastern side of the island for beautiful undeveloped white-sand beaches.

I recommend this place for convenient diving, beach activities, and spacious accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank apajusi
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've recently vacationed in Cozumel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Reef Residencias unit 5220. Manager Fulvio took excellent care of us and communicated quickly when we sent questions from Canada before our trip. He provided a lot of information regarding the area and traveling tips. Maid service was excellent! Loved staying in a quiet spot that was a short walk away from the popular beach clubs. Great family vacation pick just a short cab ride from downtown.

Trevor & Carla, Alberta Canada

Room Tip: Units closest to beach have a great view. No gym, but bike rentals are available nearby.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had condo 7160 (first floor, building 3) for three weeks this November. It is a beautiful condo, lovingly maintained, and with all the amenities you'd need. The property manager Fulvio was great to deal with--communication was fast and clear, and I'm confident that he'd have dealt with any issues quickly if they'd arisen. The maid kept the place very clean and tidy, though it'd be nice if she had access to dishwasher detergent; she had to use dish soap in the dishwasher and we'd be greeted with a floor full of suds and no way to clean it up! LOL

The beach and grounds at the Reef are beautifully maintained. Always friendly guys wandering about gardening and looking after all the loungers and the pools. The security is great as well, with one staff member going above and beyond the call of duty on the day of the Ironman. :o)

The only downside I can think of is there's little for kids to do. We were traveling with children ages 11 and 13--while my daughter was content to swim and read on the beach, my son would have liked a basketball court or something.

Tip: you have access to the water toys (kayaks, Hobiecats) at Dive Palancar. If you're not going to have a car for your entire trip, do a HUGE grocery shop when you do have one, as there's nothing nearby if you run out of the essentials (unless tequila or rum is an essential. You can buy that at the Sabor ;o) and it's a $$$ cab ride to town and back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family