“Best dive operation on the island!”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 302 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 1 week ago

ScubaTony is by far the best dive operation I have ever dove with. From the very start of the booking process to the last step off the boat, every moment was professional, safe, and fun.

Each time I book a dive, I am surprised at how easy it is. Their website is new and easy to navigate. And whenever I have a question or concern, they were always there to answer them in a timely manner. This gave me peace of mind and confidence in ScubaTony and my vacation even before I set foot on the island.

Each time I dive with ScubaTony there is no more than 6 divers on each boat. I find this very nice because you get to know the dive master, boat captain, and the other divers. Along with them getting to know you. Makes for a very personable and enjoyable dive outing. Before the dive the dive master, on this trip it was Ruben, goes through a pre-dive briefing to ensure everybody knows the equipment, dive site, hand signals, etc, etc. Ruben made sure everything and everybody was confident and safe before going in the water. He was also very funny and entertaining, making sure everybody was engaged and having a good time.

The dive itself was incredible. The marine life we saw included nurse sharks, an eagle ray, turtles, lionfish, and much much more. Ruben did not miss a thing down there. Between dives they had plenty of snacks, drinks, and fruit to re-energize us for the next dive all while being entertained by Mago's, the boat captain, magic.

ScuabTony never fails to surpass my expectations. Every experience I have had with them has been professional, honest, safe, and fun. No other dive company can rival the experience that ScubaTony offers. They are by far the best dive operation and I will be back!

1  Thank timothyschaelling
ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Wow! What a great review! I be sure to share it with the guys. Thanks a lot for taking your time to leave us one.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"two tank"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have about 350 recreational dives in the carribean and pacific. I took my daughter to Cozumel for a graduation present from high school as diving is one of her passions . Though I have not been to Cozumel in over 20 years I felt it was a good place to take my daughter. Booked scubaTony’s based on trip advisor reviews. We have had one day of diving so far and scubaTony’s has exceeded our expectations. First small groups is a must for us and generally they have 6 or fewer divers in their boats. After bad experiences in the Florida keys and Bahamas on “ cattle boats “ where you have to set up your own equipment which we can do but it’s a nice touch when we don’t have to do much on a dive boat except dive and enjoy the views. In addition cattle boats tend to have so many people they are literally tripping over each other. ScubaTony’s chooses service over volume and I am willing to pay a little extra for that type of service level. Remember in Cozumel all the operators go to the same sites so that is not generally a differentiator of the experience. Little things like noticing my daughter was overweighted and removing weights in the water WITHOUT her asking or even being aware of the situation. Good quality equipment which they fully assemble equipment and disassemble. Adam one of the owners came by this morning to greet us and get to know us was a nice touch . We have more dives this week but I am sure we will the same high level of quality service every day we are diving with scubaTony’s. Thank you Adam , Andrea , Pedro and the rest of the staff . All of you deserve the highest 5 Star rating.

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review! It was good meeting you and I’m glad you had such a great time. Come back again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i don't usually do reviews but scuba tony was really first class. On a recent trip to Playa del Carmen with my teenage son, we did a day trip over to Cozumel for some diving. it wasn't really well planned on my part we just emailed scuba tony the day before and hoped for the best as there are so many dive ops there. My son is a novice diver ( 5 dives) and I am an instructor so i was mainly just hoping for him to get some more experience and enjoy diving.
Scuba Tony uses 6 pack boats so there wasn't a huge crowd of divers to contend with on the boat. Our dive guide Charlie was excellent, he was very patient with my son and made sure we had some enjoyable, safe dives and offered plenty of encouragement and help in between dives while still allowing me to enjoy the dives as a more experienced diver. As it happened, one of the other divers on the boat was finishing up his open water certification with Israel, one of Scuba Tony's dive instructors. As an instructor myself, I got to see how they teach first hand and again, I saw a very competent instructor with a confident student who was really enjoying himself. Plenty of snacks on board and instead of adding to the plastic water bottles that get thrown away and ultimately end up in the ocean, they provided sport squeeze bottles for each diver to use and take home with us after the dive which I thought was a nice touch and a sign of their respect for the ocean. .

1  Thank John H

Yes! Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you were taken care of so well and I’m really happy that you mentioned the water bottles. We try to do our part to keep the ocean clean.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While Cozumel has far too many choices for diving, as far as I’m concerned there is only one - ScubaTony. My dad had not dived in over 20 years so we hired a private dive master, Ruben. He gave dad a perfect refresher and hosted us through two fantastic dives. The following day Charlie did precisely the same. Each day we were on a comfortable boat captained by Hector, who regaled is between dives with magic tricks. Every aspect was perfect.

For the best dive in Cozumel, go no further than ScubaTony. You’ll be glad you did!

Thank you so much for your review. I’m glad your dad got back in the water after 20 years dry. We are lucky that Hector, Ruben and Charlie are part of the ScubaTony team. We have such a solid crew right now.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just got back from a dive trip with Scuba Tony and it was fantastic. Here is why I am giving them a Five Star review:

Service. The level of service is exceptional. The dive masters and captains are incredibly helpful and attentive, and obviously care about your experience. They lug around all the equipment, give you snacks and fruit after the dive, and have your gear ready to go the next day. All you have to do is show up and dive. They gave us a free souvenir water bottle after we finished the last dive.

Small dive groups. They won’t book more than six divers to a boat to ensure the divers have the best possible experience. The other operations on Cozumel make you go with bigger groups, usually eight or more divers! It ends up feeling crowded and hectic, particularly when your dive group sees something exciting (like a turtle) and everyone tries to look at the same time. Other than the high level of service, guaranteeing you a small dive group really sets them apart from the other operations.

Conditions on Cozumel. The water was perfect. We saw eagle rays, turtles, lobsters, crabs, puffer fish, nurse sharks, and a wide variety of reef fish. We did drift diving with a current, so we were able to experience quite a bit during our dives. Dive master Israel was leading our dive. He was incredibly knowledgeable and stayed with us the entire time. Another guy in our group told a story about a dive in another country where the dive master left them alone in the middle of the first dive. That won’t happen with Scuba Tony.

I also appreciated how respectful they are of the reef and environment. They reminded everyone at the beginning not to touch the reef or take anything during the dive.

Everyone on the trip was very impressed with Cozumel and the people at Scuba Tony. Would highly recommend for new or experienced divers.

Thanks so much for leaving such a thoughtful review. Concierge Diving! That’s a great name for what we do. We look after our guest’s needs and do whatever we can to give them great memories of their trip to the island.