“excellent dive op for all levels of divers”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 310 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We have small boats which garuantee that you are never diving with a group of more than 6 other divers. We also have every amenity possible in a small panga available for all of the comforts for a post dive. Coffee, tea, sodas and cookies. Fresh shower and jackets for people that are cold or if it starts raining. We assemble and disassemble and wash and store your gear for you. 100% full service. We pay our crew well so we attract the best instructors and captains the island has to offer and they are happy here.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 22, 2018

i don't usually do reviews but scuba tony was really first class. On a recent trip to Playa del Carmen with my teenage son, we did a day trip over to Cozumel for some diving. it wasn't really well planned on my part we just emailed scuba tony the day before and hoped for the best as there are so many dive ops there. My son is a novice diver ( 5 dives) and I am an instructor so i was mainly just hoping for him to get some more experience and enjoy diving.
Scuba Tony uses 6 pack boats so there wasn't a huge crowd of divers to contend with on the boat. Our dive guide Charlie was excellent, he was very patient with my son and made sure we had some enjoyable, safe dives and offered plenty of encouragement and help in between dives while still allowing me to enjoy the dives as a more experienced diver. As it happened, one of the other divers on the boat was finishing up his open water certification with Israel, one of Scuba Tony's dive instructors. As an instructor myself, I got to see how they teach first hand and again, I saw a very competent instructor with a confident student who was really enjoying himself. Plenty of snacks on board and instead of adding to the plastic water bottles that get thrown away and ultimately end up in the ocean, they provided sport squeeze bottles for each diver to use and take home with us after the dive which I thought was a nice touch and a sign of their respect for the ocean. .

1  Thank John H
ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Yes! Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you were taken care of so well and I’m really happy that you mentioned the water bottles. We try to do our part to keep the ocean clean.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"certified diver"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

While Cozumel has far too many choices for diving, as far as I’m concerned there is only one - ScubaTony. My dad had not dived in over 20 years so we hired a private dive master, Ruben. He gave dad a perfect refresher and hosted us through two fantastic dives. The following day Charlie did precisely the same. Each day we were on a comfortable boat captained by Hector, who regaled is between dives with magic tricks. Every aspect was perfect.

For the best dive in Cozumel, go no further than ScubaTony. You’ll be glad you did!

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you so much for your review. I’m glad your dad got back in the water after 20 years dry. We are lucky that Hector, Ruben and Charlie are part of the ScubaTony team. We have such a solid crew right now.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We just got back from a dive trip with Scuba Tony and it was fantastic. Here is why I am giving them a Five Star review:

Service. The level of service is exceptional. The dive masters and captains are incredibly helpful and attentive, and obviously care about your experience. They lug around all the equipment, give you snacks and fruit after the dive, and have your gear ready to go the next day. All you have to do is show up and dive. They gave us a free souvenir water bottle after we finished the last dive.

Small dive groups. They won’t book more than six divers to a boat to ensure the divers have the best possible experience. The other operations on Cozumel make you go with bigger groups, usually eight or more divers! It ends up feeling crowded and hectic, particularly when your dive group sees something exciting (like a turtle) and everyone tries to look at the same time. Other than the high level of service, guaranteeing you a small dive group really sets them apart from the other operations.

Conditions on Cozumel. The water was perfect. We saw eagle rays, turtles, lobsters, crabs, puffer fish, nurse sharks, and a wide variety of reef fish. We did drift diving with a current, so we were able to experience quite a bit during our dives. Dive master Israel was leading our dive. He was incredibly knowledgeable and stayed with us the entire time. Another guy in our group told a story about a dive in another country where the dive master left them alone in the middle of the first dive. That won’t happen with Scuba Tony.

I also appreciated how respectful they are of the reef and environment. They reminded everyone at the beginning not to touch the reef or take anything during the dive.

Everyone on the trip was very impressed with Cozumel and the people at Scuba Tony. Would highly recommend for new or experienced divers.

Date of experience: July 2018

Thanks so much for leaving such a thoughtful review. Concierge Diving! That’s a great name for what we do. We look after our guest’s needs and do whatever we can to give them great memories of their trip to the island.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Just back from 5 days of diving with ScubaTony and counting down the days until I return! Everything about the operation is top notch, from reservations and communication with Andrea to the dive masters and boat captains. All my dives I dove with Israel and Papo and they are fantastic both in their knowledge and skills, but also in their friendliness and desire to make your dives the best each day.

Israel was spot on with recommendations for dive sites as some of the days the currents were a bit crazy. Each location we went to had manageable currents. He also worked really hard underwater to look for sea life and did a great job with the pre- dive briefings. Papo was always ready for us with a big smile when we surfaced and seamlessly got our gear ready for the next dive. Loved that we didn’t have to worry about gear all week!

On shore Adam was there most mornings to greet us and Tony came by once. Had great conversations about some of the efforts ScubaTony is making with conservation and preserving the reef! Thank you for that!

Looking forward to returning in the spring and diving again with Scuba Tony!

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. I think you’re right about the briefing. Having a solid briefing before the dive makes everyone more comfortable and helps the dive go smoother. Papo is so solid. He’s just lovely character and loves his job and making people happy. We are fortunate that both Papo and Israel are part of the ScubaTony team.