“Love Everything About ScubaTony!”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 302 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just back from 5 days of diving with ScubaTony and counting down the days until I return! Everything about the operation is top notch, from reservations and communication with Andrea to the dive masters and boat captains. All my dives I dove with Israel and Papo and they are fantastic both in their knowledge and skills, but also in their friendliness and desire to make your dives the best each day.

Israel was spot on with recommendations for dive sites as some of the days the currents were a bit crazy. Each location we went to had manageable currents. He also worked really hard underwater to look for sea life and did a great job with the pre- dive briefings. Papo was always ready for us with a big smile when we surfaced and seamlessly got our gear ready for the next dive. Loved that we didn’t have to worry about gear all week!

On shore Adam was there most mornings to greet us and Tony came by once. Had great conversations about some of the efforts ScubaTony is making with conservation and preserving the reef! Thank you for that!

Looking forward to returning in the spring and diving again with Scuba Tony!

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving us a review. I think you’re right about the briefing. Having a solid briefing before the dive makes everyone more comfortable and helps the dive go smoother. Papo is so solid. He’s just lovely character and loves his job and making people happy. We are fortunate that both Papo and Israel are part of the ScubaTony team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"two tank"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second time out with ScubaTony and they are (still) awesome. I'm very impressed by their easy-going nature but with no lack of preparedness. From the moment we arrived at the marina the crew was taking care of us. Great time on the boat with Carlos (Papo) and Israel as our divemaster. They were a lot of fun and Israel was a perfect leader underwater. I especially appreciated the fresh fruit and snacks on the boat between dives. There is no reason to go anywhere else when you're diving on Cozumel.

1  Thank Steve M

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for coming back to dive with us. I’ll be passing your review along to the guys.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I believe and have experienced Scuba Tony twice in the last two years. It is by far the best dive company ever!
We like the small groups of divers. Their supporting crew consists of very knowledgeable, easy to understand dive masters and the boats captains sincerely care for the safety and well-being of everyone!
You’ll be lucky if you have the chance to dive and learn interesting facts from my favorite dive master, “underwater surfing” Rubin! His enthusiasm and energy really “rocks” the boat!

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hahaha! Awesome! Thanks a lot for the review. Your review about Ruben is great. I’ll be sure to share it with him. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Had a great time getting open water certified and doing fun dives at ScubaTony. I was on the island by myself and didn't want to pay extra for private instruction, so Andrea was a tremendous help in setting me up with another solo student. Thanks for answering my thousand questions! Did the e-learning before I arrived, which I think was worth it. Israel was my instructor and can't say enough good things about him. Very thorough and intuitive - he easily noticed what I was or wasn't doing correctly. On the two days of open water dives included in instruction, it was just myself, my training partner, and Israel. There were never more than 6 divers on the boat at once, which makes it a very individualized experience. I would much rather a small boat than one of the "cattle drivers". I did two more days of diving, one with Pedro, and one with Jesus. All divemasters were knowledgeable and helpful. Can't say enough good things about this place, so if you're considering it, just book it! Thanks for a great time. -Clare

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Claire,
Thank your for your review. We appreciate that! It’s good to hear about your time with us and that you had so much fun. Yes! The cattle cars are crap! We have kicked around the idea of expanding. We could buy a larger boat or a third boat but have decided against it and continue to offer the most personalized and cozy experience possible. Come see us again soon!