“Scuba Tony, Cozumel, Mexico”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 302 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I believe and have experienced Scuba Tony twice in the last two years. It is by far the best dive company ever!
We like the small groups of divers. Their supporting crew consists of very knowledgeable, easy to understand dive masters and the boats captains sincerely care for the safety and well-being of everyone!
You’ll be lucky if you have the chance to dive and learn interesting facts from my favorite dive master, “underwater surfing” Rubin! His enthusiasm and energy really “rocks” the boat!

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hahaha! Awesome! Thanks a lot for the review. Your review about Ruben is great. I’ll be sure to share it with him. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"two tank"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a great time getting open water certified and doing fun dives at ScubaTony. I was on the island by myself and didn't want to pay extra for private instruction, so Andrea was a tremendous help in setting me up with another solo student. Thanks for answering my thousand questions! Did the e-learning before I arrived, which I think was worth it. Israel was my instructor and can't say enough good things about him. Very thorough and intuitive - he easily noticed what I was or wasn't doing correctly. On the two days of open water dives included in instruction, it was just myself, my training partner, and Israel. There were never more than 6 divers on the boat at once, which makes it a very individualized experience. I would much rather a small boat than one of the "cattle drivers". I did two more days of diving, one with Pedro, and one with Jesus. All divemasters were knowledgeable and helpful. Can't say enough good things about this place, so if you're considering it, just book it! Thanks for a great time. -Clare

Hi Claire,
Thank your for your review. We appreciate that! It’s good to hear about your time with us and that you had so much fun. Yes! The cattle cars are crap! We have kicked around the idea of expanding. We could buy a larger boat or a third boat but have decided against it and continue to offer the most personalized and cozy experience possible. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a first rate organization. It all starts with great people. I cannot say enough about dive masters Israel and Ruben or captains Carlos, Miguel, and Hector. They cared for us like family and made sure we were safe and had everything we needed for our four days of diving. Then there are the reefs... so incredible... rich, vibrant colors and full of such diverse wildlife. I recommend Scuba Tony without any reservation.

1  Thank kcosca

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review and letting other travelers know what to expect!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Ruben was the most amazing instructor to get my certification. He was patient, calm, and kind. Pedro was also a great dive master for my first solo dive. Adam was excellent and made sure we had everything we needed. Andrea answered emails very quickly.

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! It was nice meeting you and I’m glad that you had everything you needed ;)

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We have dove with ScubaTony quite a few times now. They are always our first choice when visiting Cozumel. Beginning with the booking process, Andrea is always very quick to respond to questions. With airline weight restrictions we no longer bring our own equipment. Their rental equipment is always high quality. The boats are small but fast. With other larger boats we have spent substantially more precious vacation time getting to and from the dive sites. Their boats have a shade cover and they offer water and fruit between dives. They have high safety standards and do have oxygen on board for an emergency. The dive masters are always in tune to the ability of the divers and are able to adjust with them. We have been very pleased with our dives with ScubaTony.

Thank you for leaving us a review. It means a lot to hear what we are doing good. We will keep these things a priority to our future service. Thanks again a and keep coming back. I’m sharing your review with everyone right now. :)