“top notch professionals”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We dove with Luis as divemaster and Hector as captain, and all around helper. Liz was very helpful in planning our timing around a cruise ship stop and having to be back to the ship on time. We also were able to pay a $30 fee to let my Dad be an observer since he was not diving. They took care of all the equipment and treated us like kings and queens, saying "you are on vacation... Let us do the work!" I always felt safe and we had good pre and post dive checklists. We saw fantastic corals, did a swim through (like a tunnel, but where you can always see the surface and never felt trapped) saw giant turtle, regular turtle, Many lobsters, a tiny critter on an anemone (Luis, what was that!?) gigantic schools of fish, a huge crab, and God's creation at its finest. We did the afternoon 2 tank dives and would definitely do it again for a longer trip the next time! It couldn't have been better!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you don't want to read the whole thing, just read the last paragraph for my recommendation.

We had our vacation to Cozumel on May 3-7, 2013 (Yeah I know, not enough time). My wife and I never scuba dive before but I always want to try it (it was in bucket list). I heard Cozumel is one of the best diving place in the world. So I made sure to put it on our schedule. I shop for a Scuba here on Tripadvisor to get the best and Scubatony has a perfect rating. Mmmmmm. I was still skeptical, but I put it on top my list. I didn't make a reservation. I thought I'll just do it when we are there. Big mistake, the day that we want to schedule our dive was fully book. I was very lucky to meet Tony himself. And he accommodated us even though the time I booked was very late. SO hear this! BOOK AS EARLY AS YOU CAN! Don't worry you WILL NOT REGRET IT!

On the day of our dive, we had another activity in the morning, so I told Tony that we might be late. Again, he told us to not worry about it. Where can you find another stablishment who really care about their customer. I was already satisfied by all those gestures. He even emailed me all the details of the dive. I gave a deposit but I didn't even ask for a receipt, Why not? Most of the time when I met a person, I can tell right away if I can trust a person or not by the way he speak and move. If you are lucky to meet Tony, you'll find this guy very trust worthy and very professional.

When we arrived at the pier, two gentlemen introduced themselves. One was Raymundo, and the other was Rafael. They quickly help us on our gear making sure that we have the right size and everything. And then they explained everything to us. I booked the "Discover Scuba" for me and my wife, remember, we never been under 5 feet of water before (and I'm talking about swimming pool here :) ). So I was kinda worried and exited at the same time. Especially for my wife that was not really a good swimmer, well I'm not either but she's worst LOL.

Some people will call Raymundo a Dive Master, and Rafael a Captain of the boat. Who will tell you everything and explain the details of the dive, which they did very well. But for me and my wife, they were not just that, they were also our "Guardian Angels". We were very lucky to have Raymundo (our "Guardian Angel" below the water). He understand our situation. He made us very relax and at ease. He made sure that we were ready before we do something. No pressure. He was very informative and explained everything so well that we only had a practice dive for a few minutes. We got it right away. He was always on our side making sure we were safe. And Rafael (our "Guadian Angel" above the water), he made us very secure and felt very safe. He explained everything. He told us, "Don't worry, in case we have a problem, we have radio, we have first aid, we have this and that". Wow! And he was always on top of us in case we want to go up, he's just a few meters swim. So if you can booked this two gentlemen, I guarantee you that you'll have the time of your life.

The Dive. One word, UNBELIEVABLE!!! It was literally out of this world. It was like you're in another planet. I don't know if we were just lucky during that time but the ocean was so calm. We saw a lot of fish that you will only see in the aquarium. And some of them are hard to spot because of the camouflage like the stingray in the sand. I won't be able to spot it if Raymundo didn't point it out to me (one of the reason why you must have a guide). But for some reason, I got dizzy after a few minutes in the dive. I didn't know why. So I decided to go up, but before I went up we saw a big Barracuda. My eyes were so big, boy! that fish can swim fast. Really fast.

So I went up and swam to the boat. When we got up on the boat, a FRESH fruit platter was ready and waiting for us. I was liked, WOW!!! I was actually looking forward for the second dive. But due to my illness, I cut the dive short :(. My wife? Remember I told you she's a worst swimmer than me, guess what? She was rolling down there. She was a naturalist. She was like Ariel, you know, the mermaid :).

It was an experience that we'll never forget. But you need to have the right person or guide to enjoy and achieved this kind of experience. Scubatony was the one who made this dream came through. So don't waste your time, and don't make mistake like I did for not reserving early. Call now and reserve your dive!!! Tony, my wife and I want to thank you for the unforgettable experience and service that you provided us. We've been recommending you to all our family and friends. We hope you're still there when we decided to go back there. Thanks again. :)

Rosa and Albert
Norwalk, California
USA

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My son and I had never been scuba diving. Our instructor was excellent. I felt comfortable and safe the whole time. The coral was amazing.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I dived with Scuba Tony in January and we were really impressed with the dive locations. The scenery was nothing short of stunning. Great coral, swim throughs, fish life was extraordinary, including turtles and lovely, clear, warm water!
We also stayed in one of the apartments offered by Scuba Tony and found it extremely, comfortable, clean and well appointed.
The dive staff were fantastic ... very professional, polite and extremely easy to be around .... The best we have experienced in our years of diving!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had such an awesome time with Tony and his staff.
At first I was not going to dive because I'm really scared of water, even my friend was surprised when I told her I wanted to do it.
when I jumped in the water I started getting super nervous and feeling like it was a bad idea but Tony instantly put me at ease and let us practice basics in shallows until we were ready.
in underwater I was still nervous pretty much the whole time but Tony kept on making sure If I was ok and made me feel really safe,
I guess he limits number of people to dive with so he can keep an eye on everyone and that made not only me but everyone feel safe.
His crew was very nice and attentive too, they offered us drinks and fresh fruits while we were on the boat.
I highly recommend Scubatony for anybody! Even someone who is so scared of water like me had an awesome time