“AMAZING”

Barefoot in Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 29 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Barefoot in Cozumel is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a variety of massages, ranging from the easy, relaxing Swedish style to the deeper, flowing Ashiatsu, a massage done by the feet. Energywork is also available: Reiki and Matrix Energetics. Sally Hurwitch is an American certified massage therapist and energyworker devoted to providing her clients with the best possible hour of their vacation. She is a solo practioner, so appointments made are always handled by her personally. Barefoot in Cozumel... because you deserve a great massage. Prices have no increased since 2006, just $60usd per hour massage and $85usd for 90 minutes. Please check out the linked website for additional information.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have received many massages and I have to say this is right up there as one of the "BEST". It's very different than your normal massage and so so worth it. I honestly couldn't tell Amethyst was using her feet, she is so talented!!! She used some really yummy aromatherapy oils that just made the experience amazing. If you are visiting here in Cozumel I highly recommend this experience you will walk away so glad you did!!!

BarefootCozSally, Owner at Barefoot in Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! It's particularly gratifying when clients who have had so many massages are so happy with mine. Just a note to those reading this... Amethyst and Sally are the same person. There is only one massage therapist at Barefoot in Cozumel, so you are guaranteed to get the same massage about which Trip Advisor reviewers are raving.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Barefoot in Cozumel is always on my list of things to do when I visit Cozumel. It's always been a very relaxing and refreshing experience. Sally is always finding ways to make each visit better than the last and is very in tune to my specific needs. Very knowledgable and professionl and she really loves what she does. She also has great insight to what's happening in Cozumel and can direct you to other "not to miss" experiences.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Sally is not only a very nice person, she is an amazing massage practitioner. I really lucked out in finding her after my race for a much needed treatment. She listens to you and is very thorough. Treat yourself and make a appointment with Sally at Barefoot in Cozumel!!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife located Barefoot in Cozumel due to my soreness from training. The directions were spot on and it was a quick 10 minute walk to her office. Sally explained what to expect from the session and spent a great deal of time asking about my health and injury history which I appreciated. She is a true and gifted professional. Sally was able to apply enough pressure which often isn't the case with others. I came away quite relaxed. She also touched base with me once I returned home with some exercise links to help me with my body. Thank you Sally.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Each year when I come to Cozumel, I book a massage with Sally. This was my fifth time. I get a massage in every country I visit. I rank Sally's Ashiatsu massage the best I have had anywhere. Sally' s professionalism mixed with her intuitive touch makes the session very comfortable.

I leave her studio relaxed and without the knots I brought to her. Reasonably priced, centrally located and an experience to share when you get home.