“Best snorkel trip ever! A must!”
Review of Alberto's Beach

Alberto's Beach
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been coming to the Riviera Maya and Cozumel since 2006. I love to snorkel and have been on lots of outings. I just want to say this one was the best I have ever been on! It was three hours long and we never felt rushed once! The guide made sure we saw a little of everything and all three places were totally different . I highly recommend this to all ages. I will be back in January.

1  Thank Tiffanyrdavis

Reviewed August 13, 2013

nice food and great for snorkelling expeditions and diving trips. Good service and much more laid back than the generic 5 star overpriced beach resorts.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It is a neat place but average of $30-40 a person which you could get for free at your all inclusive , just skip it unless you want to try something different.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Their excursions are top-notch; I enjoyed the clarity of the water and the awesome drinks and service. It's nice to have waiters who don't hover. Be sure to check out their tours and excursions; all I did was hang out and drink, but I had several friends who went on tours with them and they all had rave reviews!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Last September, I rented an all day deep sea fishing & snorkeling boat from Alberto of Alberto's Beach Bars (a chain of 2 or 3 I believe) on Cozumel. I had heard of Alberto from the security guards at the Residencias Reef Condominiums, where we had a wonderful week's stay in Unit #5120. See my review of the condo below:

Alberto came and visited me at the condo and made the arrangements for an 8 hour (all-day) trip. I negotiated a price of $425 with him for a 25' boat capable of taking up to passengers.

When we showed up to shove off at 7am, the crew ferried us out to the boat and we immediately took off for the southern tip of the island by the lighthouse. A great thing about deep sea fishing in Cozumel is that it is already out in deep seas, so you don't have to travel far to find the big fish!

In the first 4 hours out to sea, I wound up catching a 30lb. Dorado (Mahi Mahi) and a 20lb. Barracuda (not edible at that time of year)! We then decided to go snorkeling and the crew graciously accommodated our request by taking us to two reefs: Palancar Reef and Cielo Reef. Both of these reefs are amazing and teeming with fish, starfish, rays and turtles.

All in all, the crew was very friendly and timely and did a great job of fileting the Mahi Mahi (which I had prepared for dinner by Chef Emily, The Cozumel Chef) I caught and I highly recommend the experience. I was dealt with fairly and honestly by Alberto and had no issues with payment...a wonderful day at sea!

See my review of Chef Emily, The Cozumel Chef at: