“Good quality food with a reasonable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Candela

La Candela
Ranked #70 of 359 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pataskala, Ohio
“Good quality food with a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate here twice and really enjoyed it both times. Everyday they have a special menu of food that is already made for a quick lunch or an easy to go food for people. If you ask, you can look at what they offer for the day and they even let me taste one of the dishes that I had questions about the spiciness.
The menu offers many other great options to choose from. I don't think you would go wrong choosing either one. I really enjoy a good Pinada (A pina colada without the alcohol). I think they had the best ones that I had at the restaurants in Cozumel. They were creamy and so refreshing.
We didn't find this out til later, but if you ask you can get a hibiscus tea that comes with the meal. This is available with free refills. That would save quite a bit on drinks. Be sure to ask about this as he didn't mention it when we ordered.
I had the shrimp quesadillas and they were delicious. Cheese and shrimp with lime. Yum. There is a lot of locals who eat here, so I think that is a good sign. They do take credit cards. Well worth a visit. It is only about a block off the main road.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Fallon, Nevada
“The best food in Cozumel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Without a doubt, the best food we have ever had in Cozumel. They also make a mean mango margarita!

We had not tried La Candela before and a taxi driver told us about it. We tried to go there for dinner one night, but they close at 6 pm.

We finally made it for lunch on our last day in Cozumel. All I can say was "WOW". It was that good. The fish was fabulous and everything had great flavor.

If we had found this place sooner we would have gone many more times. Will definitely go there on our next trip!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kelz1004
Colorado
“Authentic Cuban-Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

4th time to Cozumel and we try different restaurants every time. La Candela was suggested to us by one of the cab drivers. If you are looking for some truly authentic foods. You must go and try La Candela. Its a block off the main beach road. The most amazing hot pepper dip was first served (wish I could find a recipe for it). Great, great food. Wonderful friendly staff, clean and affordable. They only do breakfast and lunch, but well worth going. Going back again when we return next year.

1 Thank Ireland0137
Rowlett Tx
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I had fish tacos and my husband had pork tacos they brought him something with spaghetti .... And the beans were like water .. Not fit for a dog and it was very expensive

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ONEWINGNUT
Charlotte, North Carolina
“An "OMGoodness Taco"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

First day in Cozumel I woke up craving an authentic mexican taco and margarita and La Candela totally hit the spot!! Not only was it delicious but it was served with this amazing hot pepper-onion sauce that elevated the taste of my chicken taco trio to another level. It's not right on the beach, wasn't busy, and not surrounded by the most beautiful scenery but worth it. If you are taking a cruise in don't bother getting a taxi. Waiter was nice and the chef even came out and made sure my food and drink was delicious.

• 3 of 5 bubbles