“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Best place to have lunch in Cozumel. The food is really fresh, and very reasonably priced. Service was excellent, and if there is anything that is not on the menu, they would be glad to prepare it for you if available. We had fish ceviche and chicken and shrimp fajitas.

1  Thank Melonique

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The was nothing I disliked about La Candela. The day I went my stomach was feeling a bit rocky so no tequila or beer for me. Instead, I ordered a freshly squeezed OJ while others at the table had Margaritas. Food was deliciously authentic, service was professional and courteous. David our server had a nice sparkle in his eye and made us feel quite at home. Excellent prices topped off this luncheon date.

2  Thank livetoeatandtravel
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Excellent mexican style breakfasts, friendly and good service, tasty food! Indoor and outdoor seating, street views, clean and modern restrooms

1  Thank FloridaDeianira
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is opposite Hotel Flamingo and was recommended to us for lunch (they don't seem to do dinner). The prices are good - beer is only 25pesos - and the food was excellent. They were happy to create a veggie meal off-menu, and it had lots of fresh and tasty veg in it (makes for a change from cheese-only fillings). Will be going back often and would recommend.

2  Thank chrisbaume
Reviewed November 3, 2012

While staying at the Flamingo hotel noticed this place just across the street. Only open for breakfast or lunch so we decided to try it for lunch. One of our party had the fish tacos and another the chicken fajitas and two tried the lunch special. I think they bill themselves as Cuban cuisine. Not sure about that but I do know that the meal was amazing. We have been making an effort to eventually try all 188 restaurants before going back to revisit our favorites, however may have to break our rules and grab a lunch when in town next. Forgot to mention that the specials were already prepared so no waiting. I had a mushroom sauce not sure what kind of mushroom, was green and great and beef along with beans and rice. A ways off the square but track it down, you'll be glad you did.

2  Thank Don F