“Definately one of our favorite places to eat!”
Review of Playa Bonita

Playa Bonita
Ranked #56 of 404 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were in Cozumel last week and were looking forward to our return visit to this awesome restaurant. My husband had fish tacos and they were the best. I had chicken quesadilla's and the guacamole was so good, I was licking it with my fingers to get all of it, add a touch of their salsa, take in the incredible view, wash it down with a sip of beer and it just doesn't get any better. There is nothing fancy about this place at all. But once you've been there, your hooked. You will never go to Cozumel without stopping by. Do your self a favor next time in Cozumel, have lunch at Playa Bonita!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2010

We found Playa Bonita by accident and it was the highlight of our trip. It is an open air cafe right on the ocean side, with the waves crashing up to the front of the restaurant. The guacamole was the best I have ever eaten, and the other food was delicious and prices great. The views were unbeatable. There were 3 older men seranading and they had beautiful voices. Please don't miss this gem if you are in Cozumel.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

We had never been to the East side of the island before--it is worth the trip. We stopped for lunch at Playa Bonita and had an amazing meal. The garlic shrimp was delicious and the flat iron steak was prepared so it had great flavor and was very tender. Portions were huge. We had guacomole as an appetizer and it was fresh and delicious.

I have found my new favorite restaurant in Coz!

Reviewed January 20, 2010

Hubby and I were there Jan 06/10 and had a great meal! I had the whole fried fish and hubby had a shrimp dish. The waiter had really good English but I tried to speak mostly Spanish.......with his corrections! Had the best ever lime margarita! Kudos to the staff! Great place to sit and watch the boogie boarders!

Reviewed December 8, 2009

This place is great. The views are AMAZING. Definitely a good place for a break and a bite to eat. I gave it 4 stars for the food because the shirmp fajitas were DE-LI-CIOUS...but the "sopa de mariscos" (seafood soup) was not that great. Go for the other stuff, not the soup. (why would my sister order soup is beyond me!)
Oh and the mariachis were excellent. :-)

1  Thank zliz24