“Best Wave Action of the Trip...”
Review of Playa Bonita

Playa Bonita
Ranked #47 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our Play Bonita experience wasn't just about the food and drink (which were good), but about the family fun in the waves. We were looking for a beach where the kids could actually get some good size waves (safely) and there would also be a fun Palapa for food and drinks. This was the place. You have to walk down the beach from the Palapa quite a ways to find sand with few to no rocks...but it was worth it (so don't stop right away -- keep walking!). We had a fantastic time...from 12 to 50 years of age, we were all out there enjoying the surf. Then, we all enjoyed a cold drink and some great fish tacos. We will be back!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Another wonderful lunch sitting seaside on the wild side of Coz. Pico, garlic shrimp, cerveza and sparkling blue water - absolutely wonderful. These guys make the best grilled shrimp on the Island. Every visit to Coz includes a ride over here for an afternoon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Playa Bonita for the view and a drink and were surprised by a really tasty lobster tail! It was a little over cooked, but still very tasty! And the view is killer. It makes up for the lobster being over cooked.
Had beer so I can't speak to the drinks. Will go again.

1  Thank DeeS12
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I and 3 others spent 4 days on Cozumel, and we had lunch here 3 of the 4 days. Great, simple food, strong drinks and a really fun staff. If you're lucky they'll give you your free shot of tequila out of a hilariously-shaped and detailed vessel. It's right on the beach and the view is spectacular. If I'm ever back on Cozumel, I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank AWeber12207
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I know another reviewer said the drinks were weak??? Well we had Margarita's and they were so strong that I had to add bottled water to mine..my husband has a pretty high tolerance and he was very buzzed on that 1 drink..so yea....the drink was well worth the money. The food was excellent..yes there is writing on the wall and at 1st I thought it was tacky and trashy...but whatever...the food was really good some of the best seafood I had on the Island. Is it a fancy place or romantic for dinner...No....its a great lunch place with not TOO many tourists.