“Nothing to write home about but ok”
Review of Playa Bonita

Playa Bonita
Ranked #48 of 374 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Nothing to write home about but ok”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Visited this place because of TA reviews. I expected way better food but it was just average. View was great. Due to the bar hopping tour which was there it was a littel loud and crazy which isnt our thing. We were glad when they left.
I had the lobster which was average, the wife has grilled grouper and said it was average as well.
I expected more, probably wouldnt return. Not bad just average

• Visited December 2012

Bainbridge, Georgia
“Atomic Margarita”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Although I didn't partake in the Atomic Margarita, I got a lesson from watching the other customers that did, at least have 3 or more to consume this monster or you won't be leaving under your own power. It's an experience to have if your on the other side of the island of Cozumel. Not to be missed. Try it for yourself!

Kansa City, Missouri
“Great food, beautiful water, and very large drinks available!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This is the second year in a row that my husband and I have went up the coast of Cozumel for some good food at a sort of "hole in the wall" place called Playa Bonita. Situated right over the water, it's an open air restaraunt that has giant-sized drinks, spicy pico and chips, and delicious fish tacos with cilantro, tomato, and avocado. My husband had the garlic shrimp which was served with rice and two small pieces of garlic toast. The shrimp were scrumpcious. The red enchiladas were great- tender chicken, lots of sauce- and they have the verde salsa option for peeps who like it spicy. This place is fun. We will be back. There are a couple of funny photo ops, too...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a recommendation from gerry, who was our tour guide (see my other review). The restaurant is quite simple, an old construction on top of a tiny hill, overlooking a very nice beach with turquoise waters, but that seemed a bit rough that day to swim. Very good food, from ceviches, to fish, all well prepared, and very reasonable prices. They have a parrillada plate that can feed 4 + people, with lots of different fresh food. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Familytraveler69
Bremen, Indiana
“Exellent Lunch”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have read about this place in the past, but never tried it till this year. Our Server was Raual, his service was top notch and the food was SO GOOD, I had ceviche, and my wife had Fish tacos, both were the best we had ever had. The Margarita for 2 was really good too!

Visited November 2012