“Great lionfish dish, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Perlita

La Perlita
Ranked #27 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Akron, Ohio
“Great lionfish dish, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I heard some people raving about lionfish dishes here, and I'm glad I tried it myself. I had liofish ceviche and a fillet in Mayan style -- both absolutely delicious. The area and interior were nothing classy, but relaxed and felt "local". Everyone was nice and friendly, although I spoke very little Spanish. I will need to come back with many people next time, to try out many things on their big menu.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Pez Leon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We really struggled to find this place, even passing it a couple of times, but we would not give up until we found it. I am so glad we didn't.

We had the lion fish. There were three of us and they offer four different Lion fish platters. A la plancha, a brochette, grilled with a red sauce, and coconut breading. They are 200 pesos per platter and on Thursday it is two for one. It comes with rice and vegetables.

I tried all four and was blown away with the quality of this fish. If only they could be mass harvested!

The service was very friendly and I cannot wait to go back. My only regret was not eating there earlier in the trip. Do not miss this meal.

I also saw some whole snappers in the cooler and I think I saw one on the grill. Looked mighty tasty but I would still have to get the lion fish.

St-Adelphe,canada
“amazing food,amazing price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just try it !!! We were familly and freinds and everyone love it.Even those who didn`t like sea food went for the steak and they were please. Good staff, good food,good price what do you want more!

Lk Stevens Wa
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Very good fish. Fresh with great service. Off the beaten path, you'll have to look for it, but worth it. I will say it was just a little more expensive than I thought it would be for a restaurant away from the tourist area. That being said, we'll definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hitdbeach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fantastic fresh fish and great value!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Off the beaten path and a longer taxi ride than most, but definitely worth it if you want fresh and local!! Some in our group had a deep fried (whole with no breading) red snapper. It was fresh and wonderful! Lionfish is a specialty there. We are not ceviche fans but the lionfish ceviche was amazing!! The coconut fried lionfish was also wonderful. Service and staff were great. The setting was nothing fancy but the food was spectacular and the value was amazing. Our meal for six adults with drinks was about 1600 pesos (less than $200 US dollars) We were thrilled to have our last vacation meal here and end the vacation on a wonderfully high note with a fantastic meal!!

Visited October 2013