“Excellent inexpensive fresh seafood”
Review of La Perlita

La Perlita
Ranked #33 of 400 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2011

This was recommended in all of the guidebooks as an off-the-main tourist area restaurant
for fresh seafood. The food was great and extremely inexpensive. But the only people in the
restaurant were tourists. The guidebook led you to believe that this was a restaurant for locals.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Holy moly! A giant cocktail of Shrimp, Octopus, Conch, Fish. It was fantastic. I can't even remember what my wife had. This place was perfect for us. On a residential street, attractively decorated, excellent waiters, with the freshest seafood I had on the trip. OUTSTANDING! A couple of Cold Dos Equis Amber each and we were ready to continue our bike ride. About $10 for two beers and the cocktele mixto!
I think they said they closed at 8:30 pm

Reviewed December 8, 2011

After a week of diving and chasing this menace, our dive guide suggested that we meet at La Perlita and eat some lion fish. I expected something tough but it was flaky and moist. Really well prepared and delicious. We wanted to try to get back here for another dinner as I understand the fish is fresh from the fisherman/owner but we did not get there. I will be back next time. Informal dining spot that is a little off the beaten path without a car. The folks were friendly and beer cold. They took credit card. It was neither cheap not expensive.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

La Perlita was recommended by Jorge at the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel as one of the favorites by the locals. The Lobster was the best I have ever had. The owner owns his own boat, fishes in the morning, and serves his catch at night. He and his staff were extremely friendly and even wanted our pictures taken with them. A definite recommendation to anyone who wants the experience of great seafood, local vibe, and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went on a Carnival Cruise and decided to have a taxi take us to a local restaurant went we docked. The driver said we must go to "La Perlita". It was about a 10 minute drive from the ship and well worth it. I had the best Ceviche ever! I ordered a small helping and received a full plate of seafood that was so fresh. My husband ordered the Paella, again a massive helping with lots of fresh seafood. For some reason when we ordered we didn't think it would be enough so we ordered a garlic fish fillet that went from one end of the plate to the other. Everything was superb! Our total bill with two drinks came to $35. Normally, Paella alone would cost that much. The service was excellent and we will definitely be back!