“Awesome Margarita's”
Review of Casa Mission

Casa Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was an quaint an inexpensive restaurant. The food is great if you like Mayan food. We ate there numerous times throughout our vacation and recommend everyone to check it out!
I love the fact that it is owned and operated by locals that have lived there for many generations.

There are newer reviews for Casa Mission

Reviewed March 15, 2013

During our 20+ annual visits to Cozumel we have eaten at most of the restaurants on the island and Casa Mission has grown to be one of our favorites. We try to add at least one new restaurant each time we visit but Casa Mission remains as one that we return to every year. Located in a residential neighborhood in the home of the restaurant owner, dinner is served on the large covered veranda that opens to well-maintained gardens and green space. Casa's menu has something for everyone and the food is excellent. I have had their shrimp, fish, lobster, and my favorite, the Surf and Turf. Prices are very reasonable, in fact my brother and I joked this year about the cost of the Surf and Turf dinner. At $22.00 US it was about the same price our hotel was charging for its fish sandwich! Service is excellent, the complementary lime soup that comes with every dinner is always hot and good, and we have never left hungry. My wife and I have recommended this restaurant to anyone who asks about eating in Cozumel and no one has returned to tell us they were disappointed. When you come to the island make sure you visit Casa Mission. You won't be disappointed either.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food and a great value. My husband and I shared an entree' which consisted of a lobster tail (Medium size), grilled shrimp and grilled Grouper. It was amazing. I wanted to try the Chicken Tortilla soup and it was some of the best I've tried. It could have been warmer, but it seems that none of the soups I had in Cozumel were hot. My husband had the shrimp cerviche and said it was very good. He got a huge portion so it was definitely a good value.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The family owns the 3 mission restaurant on the island, this one is the best by far. It is located on the large enclosed porch of the family home, surrounded by wonderful gardens. The food is excellent and prices are reasonable. The owner stopped by our table to make sure everything was up to our expectations, a friendly lady that really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our meal. It's up in the neighbors away from downtown, I highly recommend it!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

If they had halfway decent wine and more timely service, I'd have given them 4.5 or 5 starts. This is a good restaurant to go to but you know a couple things. We usually drink wine, and there is no wine list. They brough us tiny little bottles of wine and it is really bad. Do NOT order wine here. Once we choked down the wine, we ordered Margaritas and we got a VERY nice buzz off of only 1 of them. Margaritas were excellent and strong. We went at 5:45 on a Sunday and it was very slow, and the service was also slow. People were nice, just nice very attentive. Restaurant looks bad from the outside as you pull up but once you walk in, it is huge with pretty gardens and looks like it could and probably does host weddings and other events.