“I've been coming here for years...”

Mezcalitos Restaurant & Beach Bar Cozumel
Ranked #79 of 384 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've been coming here for years...”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've been coming to Cozumel for almost 20 years and basically spent every summer of my life here..... and MEZCALITOS is absolutely one of my favorite places to visit. The quality of the people who serve you along with the food and view makes for a pretty fantastic day at the beach. I'm happy the trip advisor is so popular that I am finally able to recommend some of my favorite island places. ENJOY!

1 Thank Amanda D

Cozumel, Mexico
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

i went today to mezcalitos and that was a wonderful experience they have the best service ever and the prices are very friendly the food is delicious and they have special drinks that are very fresh and good,. the view its unique and they have the perfect spots to enjoy it, definitely i will return to this place.

1 Thank osmarenho25
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Margaritas in Paradise”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A trip to Cozumel is incomplete without visiting Mezcalito´s. The food is AWESOME, the shrimp nachos, pico de gallo and the cheese burger in paradise are my favorites. I was told that they use a secret marinade to cook so that everything tastes delicious. I wasn´t a Margarita drinker until I tried the Mezcalito´s Margarita, it´s great. You can relax with a cold beer in the hammocks after a night of partying or you can hang out at the bar and party even more. I met girls from Brazil, Denmark and England that came in cruises, and families that have been going there for years. Eating, drinking and partying right next to the beach is a experience I will definitely repeat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alfonso M
Cozumel
“Mezcalito's--the original Cozumel beach bar”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Mezcalito's is amazing because it is what it is: funky, charming, no-frills, by the sea. We have been coming here again and again because it was the first beach bar on Cozumel's East side--since 1979! The staff are cool and not at all pushy, which is such a nice break from downtown Cozumel's super intense salespeople. Mezcalito's has hammocks, swings, great beach, palapas, and I haven't even started on the food and drinks...Their margaritas are the best I have ever tasted. For sure. So fresh, no mix, delicious. The food is incredible, whether you want Mexican or more American style. I usually get breaded fish tacos and ask them to make me a special off-the-menu tartara sauce that's like a chunky chipotle mayo, sooooo good.
Okay, I'm rambling, but you should go to Mezcalito's and see what the fuss is about! It's THAT good!

Illinois
“Beautiful views”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We've been to this restaurant/bar several times through the years. Eating, drinking or just laying around in one of their hammocks, listening to the ocean, is reason enough to come back. This is one of the top places that I've ever been, that makes me feel at home, in such a peaceful setting.

• Visited June 2013