“Concierge diving at its best”
Review of ScubaLuis

ScubaLuis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A DIVING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER, Looking for a care-free customized diving experience in Cozumel, ScubaLuis is your dive shop
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

This was my second time diving with Scuba Luis. Booking is easy on his new website. Pick up is always prompt and right in front of our resort (Secrets Aura). His boat and crew are clean, well prepared and Diver-Friendly. His rates are comparable to any other operator we researched. Bottom line: Highest Bang-for-your-Buck on Cozumel.

Luis knows where every sea creature in that area hangs out. During one "surface interval", we learned that his parents were pioneers in the CZM scuba arena. Luis literally grew up helping his parents diving. As atmospheric conditions change, he knows exactly where to go to compensate and make your dive the best. He provides excellent pre-dive briefs, goes only as fast as the Diver directs and provides an amazingly safe environment and experience. During your service interval, he will provide you with a variety of snacks and drinks while helping you recall your dive. He answers questions clearly and can give great depth on a variety of marine topics.

We spent 5 days diving with Luis each visit. He keeps your gear secure and well maintained during your time with him. Simply bring it to the boat on the first dive and pick it up leaving the boat after your last dive. He does the rest. On your next dive visit to Cozumel, bring a list of marine life you would like to see and give it to him in advance. He will not disappoint!

Date of experience: January 2017
"concierge diving"
"great snacks"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2017

On a recent cruise, we had one day (7am-5:30pm) in port at Cozumel. The cruise ship offered a 2 tank dive trip, but we wanted MORE!! I decided to book my own excursion. I asked for dive operator recommendations on the "Divers" facebook page and got a ton. I researched and contacted about 20 of them. Very few could promise me 4 dives. And many of them were larger "cattle" boats.....not what we were looking for. I narrowed it down to just a couple of options, one of which was ScubaLuis. Boy! Am I glad we went with him!!

Right from the start, the communication in setting up the dives prior to our trip was awesome.

After taking the short taxi ride to the marina, we were greeted by ScubaLuis owner, Luis Arturo Alpuche and his crew. Because Luis was very sick that day, he put us in the well qualified hands of DM and Instructor, Liz and Captain Andreas. They were both very skilled, safety conscious and eager to show us a great day of diving. I'm a DM and my husband is Rescue Certified, so Liz catered the dives to our skill and training.........JUST what we hoped for and felt we wouldn't get on a "cattle" boat.

We did two lengthy dives in the morning, then docked at Paradise Beach and had lunch in the café. Then we had two more long dives before arriving back at the marina around 5 PM. Luis personally drove us back to our ship to ensure our 5:30 departure.

While on Luis's boat, "Ranger", they provided us with a variety of yummy snacks, plenty of fresh water and dry towels. They also happily honored our special requests....nitrox, 100CF tanks for my husband...AND this... My husband and I collect sew-on patches from the places we dive. We knew we would not have time to shop because we were diving all day, so I asked Luis to see if he could find some before we even arrived. He had 3 patches waiting for us first thing in the morning! It was the perfect day!!

When we return to Cozumel, I will definitely call Luis! And I highly recommend that you do the same!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 25, 2017

I have been diving in Cozumel, MX for 5 years now and have been there 6 times. I have known dive master Luis for over 4 years now and we would request to dive with him each time. When I heard that he started his own business, had to check it out! Of course was not disappointed. Luis made sure we were the first ones on the reef, we had nice towels on the intervals and great snacks. I told him I was gluten free ahead of time and made sure I had gluten free snacks. He knows that I love seeing turtles and lots of fish and took me to awesome new reefs this past time that I had never been too. My dive buddy was unable to dive one of the days and as a single woman diving with Luis felt very safe and had an amazing day of diving. I highly recommend diving with ScubaLuis if you want to be a spoiled diver :-)

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about Luis and crew. The surface intervals were almost as enjoyable as the diving. It was great to get to know his son, Andrian, also.You tell Luis what you're in the mood for that day and he will make it happen. Can't wait to go back, great to see his new dive operation flourish. Couldn't happen to a better person. You will leave feeling like you have a true friend on the island. He will even make time to join you for dinner if not busy on a night dive! See you again soon my friend,
Todd and Alisha