Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
BAR NONE - "THE BEST DIVE COMPANY IN COZUMEL!!!"

ScubaLuis Dive Shop Cozumel . . . “THE BEST!!!” Luis and Jaime (pronounced hi-me) are the two... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
David G
Hands down best dive company ever

Let me start this off by saying that we are newly certified OW divers. I contacted Luis after he... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
tfrandsen1974

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $60.00
from $75.00
from $60.00
Cozumel Food Tour
378 Reviews
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews surface interval night dive marine life eagle rays the reefs dive master dive experience lionfish hunting lionfish ceviche smallest things provide fresh unlimited water warm towels diving community incredible knowledge concierge diving great snacks
Reviewed January 10, 2017

Like the other glowing reviews, we were impressed. We had to wait 4 days to get a spot on his boat but we were not disappointed. We've been diving for 12 years in Cozumel with lots of different dive shops and he's the best. We will let our friends know!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

I must admit I am hesitant writing this glowing review because it will be much harder in the future to get a spot on his boat. My 19 year old daughter and I have been diving with Luis for four years. When he started his own business we knew that there was no chance we would dive with anyone else. The reasons are simple: small boat with max 6 divers, awesome fresh fruit snacks and cake during dive intervals, Luis knows the reefs like few others, always drops you in the right spot in the reef, and Luis is one of the kindest people that I have met. If you have an underwater emergency while diving with Luis you can rest assured that he is going to be there to assist. He proved it to me when he saved my daughter from a boat prop when she was newly certified. I owe him more than I can possibly express. Keep up the good work Luis. Hopefully I can still get a booking as your status rises in Trip Advisor.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank mpauline
Reviewed January 7, 2017

Like many others, we first dove with Luis while he was with another dive op and, when he told us he was going out on his own, we didn't hesitate to follow him......and we are very happy we did!
ScubaLuis may be a small operation but Luis and his crew provide excellent service and will meet your every need. He limits his boat to 6 divers and provides personal service that will ensure you get your money's worth. We had input on the dive-sites (depending on weather conditions) and lets you dive your tank.
His boat, the Ranger, is clean, comfortable and well-outfitted and his lunches were delicious.
If you've book multiple days, they will even keep your gear between dives if you prefer and have everything ready for you when you arrive for your next day of diving in paradise!
Luis is an experienced and outstanding Divemaster and possesses that special talent of being able to do everything well. His respect for the reef and love for what he does is obvious and shines through in his entire operation.
Cozumel is a diving mecca with a multitude of dive ops but we've found the one we'll be staying with!
If you are looking for an outstanding diving experience with personalized service, then go with ScubaLuis.......you will NOT be disappointed!

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank NovaScotiaNick44
Reviewed December 28, 2016

We randomly found ScubaLuis before arriving in Cozumel through TripAdvisor and we are so glad we did.

He made our dive experience and trip to Cozumel absolutely amazing! We originally only had one dive scheduled with ScubaLuis to leave us the ability to check out other dive shops, but after our first day we knew we wanted to dive with him the rest of our time on Cozumel. We also met other divers that had met Luis at another dive shop he worked for and followed him to ScubaLuis for the same exact reasons we chose to dive with him. Luis's passion for diving and leading other divers around Cozumel's dive sites is unmatched!

Luis is extremely knowledgeable about diving and leading other divers. He makes sure everyone understands the safety protocols before each dive so we can enjoy as much as possible. His enthusiasm and experience for the numerous dive sites around Cozumel made for endless opportunities to explore the reefs around the island. We really enjoyed how he kept the dive groups small and catered to our experience level and interests. We could tell he really enjoys leading divetrips and it made our experience underwater our best dive trip yet!

We recommend ScubaLuis to any divers that are looking for a much more personal dive experience vs the big dive groups that dominate the island.

We can't wait to return to Cozumel and go diving with Luis!

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Bobby186338
Reviewed December 5, 2016

Diving in Cozumel was amazing! ScubaLuis made it even better! My son and I are inexperienced divers. He made us so comfortable! I felt very at ease and didn't have to worry at all about my son while diving. Luis took care of everything we needed and did a wonderful job explaining the diver prior to diving. Luis even took extra weights down with him and added them when I needed them. He also made adjustments for my son when he noticed anything that might need adjustment. I have been on a few dives in the Caribbean and ScubaLuis was by far the best dive company I've used. He took his time with us and made sure we had the best experience possible. He provided towels, snacks, and water (not out of little paper cups either). It was really an amazing experience! I would recommend ScubaLuis without hesitation. He's by far the best!

Date of experience: November 2016