Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
BEST dive vacation

I have absolutely no idea where to start on how amazing Luis, Jaime and Adrian are! We went to... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Tsgroovy
Cranford, New Jersey
via mobile
See it All with Luis

Wanna see sharks, dive with Scubaluis...want to see eagle Ray's dive with Scubaluis...want to see... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
vschulte2018
Columbia, Missouri
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $85.00
from $60.00
from $49.00
from $49.95
More Info
All reviews surface interval night dive eagle rays marine life dive experience the reefs dive master lionfish hunting warm towels lionfish ceviche smallest things provide fresh unlimited water diving community incredible knowledge concierge diving great snacks
Reviewed August 22, 2016

We've had the pleasure of diving with Luis several times before and we quickly learned that we never enjoyed our diving more than when Luis was showing us the sites around Cozumel. Although we were very happy with the previous company we dove with, we realized Luis is what really made it for us. So, when we learned he started his own business, there was no doubt who we'd be doing our next dive trip with!

Luis knows how to treat his customers and tailors the dives to meet the experience and comfort level of the group. For this dive, my girlfriend and I were both fairly experienced, but we were traveling with her dad (second time diving) and my 10 year old son that got his Jr. Open Water certification just one week prior to our trip. Interestingly enough, on a previous trip I had told Luis about my hopes that my son would get certified and he was excited about the possibility of taking him diving and immediately started talking about the places we could take him that would be safe for his age and skill level. He even mentioned that he first started diving when he was 10 years old, too!

The service he provides is incredible! From the moment he picked us up at our hotel, to the choice of dive sites, to the service and comfort throughout our dives, no one I've gone diving with offers the level of service that Luis does. We love the personalized service, fast boat, six diver limit, great drinks and snacks, and the best dive spots with the least amount of traffic! We had two fantastic dives, stayed well within the comfort level of the beginner divers in our group, and my son was thrilled with the experience and can't wait to go again!

The bottom line is I can't say enough good about Luis and his operation. He has become as much a friend as he has a dive master and we're looking forward to many more years of diving with him! The only reason I wouldn't recommend you diving with ScubaLuis is that I'm selfish and I don't want to suddenly find his schedule full the next time we want to go diving!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Guthrie T
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We have known Luis for a little over four years and we were not shy about telling his former employer that he was a big reason we came back time and time again. We were therefore extremely excited to find out he has struck out on his own.

Luis is in my opinion the best Divemaster on Cozumel. He has years of experience combined with a real ability to find unique things underwater that others just drift by (think tiny seahorses, nudibranch, etc). If you are good with your air, he will let you dive as long as you want! We dove four days in a row, two tanks each day, and every dive was well over 60 minutes, always done within our computer limits, with full surface intervals between the first and second dives. Experienced divers will get maximum bottom time with Luis.

Above the water, expect plenty of water, soda, and great snacks to keep you nourished during your day on the water. Full service is the way to describe everything you will experience during your day, both above and below the waterline.

For this trip we brought 3 teenagers with us, two of which had never been diving before. Luis arranged for an instructor to come on one of our trips to do a Discover Scuba course. The kids really liked the instructor...he fit right in with Luis' easy going style and the teens were diving with us soon after their shallow water instruction. That whole day went smoother than I could have imagined.

There's a chance that many of the regular Cozumel divers already know Luis. If you do, rejoice now that he has his own operation! If you've been diving for years and just haven't had the pleasure of diving with him yet, you are in for a treat. New divers and experienced divers alike will feel completely catered to by Luis and his crew.

Highly Recommended!!!

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank oudiveboy
Reviewed July 11, 2016

ScubaLuis made the trip to Cozumel one of the best dive experiences of a lifetime....and I've been diving for over 20 years. Great rental gear. Tasty snacks while you offgas night dive was absolutely magical.

Date of experience: June 2016
5  Thank Prizmsongs
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Luis is the best DM and shop we have dove with, not only on Cozumel but anywhere else in the world. What sets him apart from the rest is his experience. He has been diving for more than 20 years on the island and will make your dive trip that much more enjoyable. From beginner to expert divers, anyone is welcome to dive with Luis and he will make sure you are comfortable in the water. If you are renting, he uses top quality and well-maintained equipment and his boat is very fast and spacious (6 divers max). We have already booked with Luis again to return in August.

Date of experience: June 2016
6  Thank ToadRC
Reviewed July 3, 2016

If you dive and have been to Cozumel you already know the diving is among the best in the world. The only question is which operator should I use? I have completed five dive trips to Cozumel and I can say with absolute confidence that ScubaLuis is the best. Luis is safety consious without being intrusive. He respects the marine environment and knows the reefs intimately. His boat is fast, clean, uncrowded and shaded. He is professional but still fun loving.

ScubaLuis is concierge diving at its best. They handle all of your gear. At the end of the day they take it back to the marina rinse and store it. The next day the boat picks you up on time with BCD and regulator set up and your fins and mask laid out. His crew of 2 for 6 divers assists you on and off with your vest. You take the vest off in the water and they lift it onto the boat. Amazingly it is set up for the next dive before you can dry your face on a towel.

Luis is great at pointing out macro and micro marine life. He finds stuff that a moment before I just floated over. Our group of six had divers of different skill levels yet he made sure each of us had a good time. He did not call the dive when the first person got to 600psi. He helped that person onto the boat then continued with the rest of us. As a result dives lasted 70 to 80 minutes before the last person was ready for his safety stop. I have never seen that before.

ScubaLuis provided fantastic surface intervals too. He had fresh shrimp and fish ceviche made by the crew while we were diving. One of his crew went into the jungle and a few minutes later returned with fresh coconut that he opened by the boat. He also served fresh pastries from a local bakery. By far the best surface intervals ever.

Here is the best part, with ScubaLuis you get first class service for the same price the people are paying on the cattle boats. You just can't go wrong with ScubaLuis. He is the best.

Date of experience: May 2016