“Best Place On The Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The French Quarter - CLOSED

The French Quarter
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The French Quarter is a Sports Bar downstairs and fabulous restaurant upstairs with late night entertainment on the weekends. We are under new Ownership and have a brand new menu! Our specialty is Cajun/Creole cooking with a touch of the Deep South! You don't have to go to New Orleans to get an authentic taste of Cajun/Creole cooking! Just drop by and eat under our gorgeous Palapa Roof dining room to the sounds of Cajun Zydeco music! Feel free to dance if you get the urge!In the downstairs Sports Bar we are in the process of adding more satellite receivers and more TV's to make sure we can carry the most sporting events in Cozumel. We are currently able to show every MLB game scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Don't miss a football game! We will have the most football games available all season long!
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Place On The Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stumbled across this place early in my trip to Cozumel. Which turned out to be 5 ½ months long! Not long enough. But anyways I’m not too big on sports bar but went in talked to David the owner and the Great staff they have there and fell in love!!!! The food is great and if you don’t want to get a full meal there I do suggest the Wings they are the best on the island!!! Did I mention the entertainment yea they have that to. That’s why The French Quarter of Cozumel Is getting 5 STARS from me. It’s an all around place to be either upstairs or down you can’t beat it.

• Visited October 2012
David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Really enjoyed having you around for so long! Can't wait for you to get back to Cozumel so we can enjoy some more good times together! Glad you like the wings so much. We pride ourselves on our food and service and your review just confirms we are doing it right! Thanks Again!

North Carolina
“Great place for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

After a long day of travel for North Carolina we couldn’t decide where to have dinner, we were close to the French Quarter and decided to try it and were very impressed. We shared the shrimp broil, which was more than enough food for the both of us. The bartender/waiter was friendly and very attentive, our glasses were never empty and the food served promptly.
We’ll definitely be back to French Quarter on future trips

Cheers!

• Visited September 2012
Thanks for giving us a try and we enjoyed serving you! We are really glad you enjoyed the Shrimp Boil so much! Can't wait to see you on your next trip!
okc
“Best sports bar in cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just returned from sixth trip to cozumel this year and always make it in a couple times. This vacation had some definate bummers but french quarter wasn't one of em. I found myself with some fresh mahi -mahi i caught saturday morning, so i took it in and gave it to Samuel the manager and said i would leave it up to them on how to cook it. I returned later to watch some football and have some food. Samuel outdid himself cooking- he cooked up the fish three different ways-fried, blackened and grilled- and it was awesome. Along with some jambalaya and fries it was great. We all enjoyed a nice big plate each. I hung out and took advantage of the 2-1 drinks and all the college football. There are numerous tv's and each one had a different game and Dave said there were more tv's being installed the next day. I also know they have the NFl ticket and can get anygame you want to see. May be a bit before i get back to coz, but definately will be in.

• Visited September 2012
We really enjoyed serving you guys! We are definitely looking forward to your next visit. Maybe by them we will have a few extra ways to prepare your Mahi Mahi!
Pennsylvania
“French Quarter, the Big Easy in Cozumel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Walked off the street with 16 people in the middle of low season at the French Quarter. The staff sprung to action quickly. Dave the owner was in the house and took care of us personally. There was also a nice breeze on the second floor to keep us cool. We went for the shrimp boil special. It was quite good. Not very spicy, but it had good flavor. I made the mistake of sharing plate. I should have ordered my own! My mother in law is a bit picky about spice. Dave made her a Cajun chicken without the Cajun. She didn’t want any spice. He told me the chef cooked one with black pepper as you normally would, but he caught it and had another made without any spice. That is good service. I heard the gumbo was terrific, but NO ONE shared it with me. I guess I will have to make get back soon and get my own shrimp boil and gumbo!! Thanks for taking great care of my peeps. They enjoyed it!

• Visited August 2012
David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks and it was a distinct pleasure meeting and serving yall! I am very glad everybody enjoyed themselves! Can't wait till you get back and I can get you a bowl of gumbo and a whole shrimp boil all to yourself!
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
“Top Shelf Margarita”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

i stumbled onto this place one day in downtown Cozumel. I am a local now and this is my favorite place to drink and watch football. I met David, the new owner, and he went out of way to find me the Jaguar's football game live last Friday! He is the Bomb! Also they have a wonderful Sunday brunch with Mimosas for $3.00. Very tasty and you can't beat the price. I ate the Chicken Fried Steak and it was as good as I have ever had. If you have ever tasted the food in New Orleans, then you want to take advantage of the food they have at the French Quarter! Great southern cookin!

• Visited August 2012
David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed yourself and enjoyed a great meal too! It was our pleasure to find the Jaguars game you wanted. We do love our sports here! Look forward to seeing you many more times!