“Great place for dinner”
Review of The French Quarter - CLOSED

The French Quarter
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The French Quarter is a Sports Bar downstairs and fabulous restaurant upstairs with late night entertainment on the weekends. We are under new Ownership and have a brand new menu! Our specialty is Cajun/Creole cooking with a touch of the Deep South! You don't have to go to New Orleans to get an authentic taste of Cajun/Creole cooking! Just drop by and eat under our gorgeous Palapa Roof dining room to the sounds of Cajun Zydeco music! Feel free to dance if you get the urge!In the downstairs Sports Bar we are in the process of adding more satellite receivers and more TV's to make sure we can carry the most sporting events in Cozumel. We are currently able to show every MLB game scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Don't miss a football game! We will have the most football games available all season long!
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After a long day of travel for North Carolina we couldn’t decide where to have dinner, we were close to the French Quarter and decided to try it and were very impressed. We shared the shrimp broil, which was more than enough food for the both of us. The bartender/waiter was friendly and very attentive, our glasses were never empty and the food served promptly.
We’ll definitely be back to French Quarter on future trips

Cheers!

David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thanks for giving us a try and we enjoyed serving you! We are really glad you enjoyed the Shrimp Boil so much! Can't wait to see you on your next trip!

There are newer reviews for The French Quarter

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just returned from sixth trip to cozumel this year and always make it in a couple times. This vacation had some definate bummers but french quarter wasn't one of em. I found myself with some fresh mahi -mahi i caught saturday morning, so i took it in and gave it to Samuel the manager and said i would leave it up to them on how to cook it. I returned later to watch some football and have some food. Samuel outdid himself cooking- he cooked up the fish three different ways-fried, blackened and grilled- and it was awesome. Along with some jambalaya and fries it was great. We all enjoyed a nice big plate each. I hung out and took advantage of the 2-1 drinks and all the college football. There are numerous tv's and each one had a different game and Dave said there were more tv's being installed the next day. I also know they have the NFl ticket and can get anygame you want to see. May be a bit before i get back to coz, but definately will be in.

We really enjoyed serving you guys! We are definitely looking forward to your next visit. Maybe by them we will have a few extra ways to prepare your Mahi Mahi!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Walked off the street with 16 people in the middle of low season at the French Quarter. The staff sprung to action quickly. Dave the owner was in the house and took care of us personally. There was also a nice breeze on the second floor to keep us cool. We went for the shrimp boil special. It was quite good. Not very spicy, but it had good flavor. I made the mistake of sharing plate. I should have ordered my own! My mother in law is a bit picky about spice. Dave made her a Cajun chicken without the Cajun. She didn’t want any spice. He told me the chef cooked one with black pepper as you normally would, but he caught it and had another made without any spice. That is good service. I heard the gumbo was terrific, but NO ONE shared it with me. I guess I will have to make get back soon and get my own shrimp boil and gumbo!! Thanks for taking great care of my peeps. They enjoyed it!

David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thanks and it was a distinct pleasure meeting and serving yall! I am very glad everybody enjoyed themselves! Can't wait till you get back and I can get you a bowl of gumbo and a whole shrimp boil all to yourself!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

i stumbled onto this place one day in downtown Cozumel. I am a local now and this is my favorite place to drink and watch football. I met David, the new owner, and he went out of way to find me the Jaguar's football game live last Friday! He is the Bomb! Also they have a wonderful Sunday brunch with Mimosas for $3.00. Very tasty and you can't beat the price. I ate the Chicken Fried Steak and it was as good as I have ever had. If you have ever tasted the food in New Orleans, then you want to take advantage of the food they have at the French Quarter! Great southern cookin!

David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed yourself and enjoyed a great meal too! It was our pleasure to find the Jaguars game you wanted. We do love our sports here! Look forward to seeing you many more times!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a sports bar, first and formost; however, it is also a restaurant with a mixture of Tx. and La. style. This could be a little spicy for some peoples taste. I found that the food I ordered was very good and met my expectations. The staff of the restaurant was very accomodating and quite friendly. There were two large groups of 10 to 12 people who had arrived before us which created a considerable delay and overwhelmed the kitchen staff. The wait however was worth it and was easied by the atmosphere and preseason NFL football on the largest screen in Cozumel. Overall....a very enjoyable evening.

David T, Owner at The French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We are glad yall enjoyed yourselves and we apologize for the wait! We make it a point to not cook your food until it is ordered to ensure the freshest meal possible. Glad it was worth the wait! We look forward to seeing yall on your next trip!