“The BEST Pizza, Fabulous Sangria, and lovely garden area”
Review of Guido's

Guido's
Ranked #5 of 404 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cozumel restaurant established in 1978, Yvonne's daily Specials of fresh fish, seafood platters and meats are well known to locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed October 3, 2010

According to my taste buds, it doesn't get any better than wood-fired pizza, so when I was reviewing restaurants and a fellow TripAdvisor reviewer raved about this restaurant, I insisted that my husband and I track this restaurant down!

Nestled at the far end of the downtown area from our hotel, it was quite a trek to make it to this restaurant, but it was well worth the hot walk. Once within the restaurant, we immediately told the waiter we would like a seat in the garden area. With fans, trees, flowers, candles and wonderful decor, you would think you were in a mystical garden rather than on a Mexican island.

We immediately ordered Sangria (Red) and garlic bread. The food was excellent as was the entire experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,399)

Reviewed September 25, 2010

As a part time local resident I highly recommend Guido´s. It is not, as other reviewer said "a tourist place". Although in Cozumel everyone caters to tourists this is really a place were Mexicans dinne, everyone from your cabbie to the Governor and the wide range in between eat here. They label themselves Swiss-Italian and Seafood but last weeks Mexican-Swiss menu with Chiles en Nogada and duck confit, Cohinita Pibil over papardelle and venisan Poc-Chuc made my foodie self tingly all over.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

The food is always excellent! The staff are always welcoming! Everytime we are in Cozumel that is the first place we go. I can taste the Sangria & pizza right now.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Greeted immediatly upon arriving, quick friendly service.
Food was delicious, lot's of choices. Kid friendly, my kids LOVE the pizza.
The patio is an oasis.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

My husband, daughter and I recently had the pleasure of returning to one of our favorite local restaurants. To our surprise the restaurant had undergone some cosmetic changes since our last visit. And as charming and romantic as it was then, it is even more so now. You truely feel like you have found your little slice of Mexico when you walk in. The staff were as professional, and friendly as we had remembered, Making you feel truely welcome. The food, what can I say other than excellent. Everything we ate was fresh, top quality, and generously portioned (we all ended up sharing) Their menu caters to all tastes, wether it be seafood lovers, meat eaters, pasta and pizza people or even salade seekers, with a good selection of daily specials.
Great desserts, and one of the best wine menus of any restaurant we have eaten at on the island. Found the prices to be very reasonable especially for the quality and quantity. Will definately return very soon and would recommend to anyone wanting a great dinning experience.
B.F.