“Buen Ceviche”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Looking for a place off the beaten path in Cozumel? This is it. No hustle and bustle here...just great food in a welcoming atmosphere. Willy was a wonderful host, making great food suggestions. The mixed fish ceviche was outstanding. The fajitas hit the spot as well. Just be careful of the house made habanero salsa, it literally made my husband who loves his salsa hot break out in a sweat. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pick your own whole fresh fish from the cooler..had a couple of nice grouper-grilled with garlic, shrimp and lobster with excellent anejo tequila--simple and absolutely beatiful. They close early so we had to make plans for an early dinner--well worth the sacrifice.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Two different locals recommended La Conchita when my husband asked for the best restaurant for fresh fish. We had lunch there, and it was really good. The chips were fresh and hot, and the pico de gallo tasted very fresh. (They brought out a spicy habanero for the chips, but I didn't try it.) We shared the seafood soup, which was chock-full of seafood of various kinds. B had the fried grouper (which the waiter pulled out of the cooler when B asked how fresh the fish was). He raved about how good it was. I'm not much for having a fish stare at me on a plate, but I had a few bites and it was light and not at all fishy. I had the coconut shrimp with mango sauce, which was excellent. Both of us had rice and vegetables on the side. After all that, we were too full for dessert.

For all that food, plus three bottles of Coke, our meal was less than $30. For the quality of the food and the quantity, it was very reasonable.

It is tucked away from the beaten path. I think the cab fare from downtown was $6. No one else came in to eat while we were there (we were in early), but there were quite a few people who came in and got food to go.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was excellent (I had the hog fish) the service was impeccable and the prices were more than reasonable. The restaurant came highly recommend by the locals.
kminor24@gmail.com

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were recommended this little kitchen by a local divemaster. He said prices were low for locals and the food was great. He was telling the truth! It was a little challenging to find but every local I asked on the streets knew exactly where it was. Lobster was superb! You can pick your own fish out caught that day...don't miss this by eating on your all-inclusive ridiculous plans! Be adventurous...explore the culture...rent a car...see the island.